OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There was a guy who swore he replaced his own about a month ago, but we never saw any proof... He said he found the screen on eBay.

labphoto

Reaction score
Here's a word of caution; don't leave your Droid in your unzipped coat pocket and close the car door with the droid in the way or this will happen to you as well. I feel sick right now.

Is there any way to replace the screen yourself?? I have no insurance so looks like they are going for like $400 on ebay. Oh man this sucks!! :mad::mad::mad:

At least the phone still seems to work perfect until I get a new one.

Hey I don't condone this nor would I do it but, right now Verizon has open enrollment on their insurance plans. You can add insurance to any phone, but will have to wait 30 days to file a claim.

Warweasel

Reaction score
I'm curious; if you bought a Droid on Wirefly or Amazon Wireless, wouldn't it just extend your current contract by two years, starting at that point? I was up for my New Every Two, but I bought mine from Amazon. Verizon is still reflecting that my New Every Two is available. I don't think that it matters if you're up for renewal or not. Worth checking out. Better than $500

Ridley

Reaction score
Hey I don't condone this nor would I do it but, right now Verizon has open enrollment on their insurance plans. You can add insurance to any phone, but will have to wait 30 days to file a claim.

yeah, if the phone is working, why not.

As far as your worst nightmare, you are not dreaming big enough.

droid1.jpg

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score

yeah, if the phone is working, why not.

As far as your worst nightmare, you are not dreaming big enough.

droid1.jpg

hahaha I saw that ..guess it could be worse :icon_eek:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola or Verizon will also probably repair the phone for cheaper than a used ebay phone. Ask them and let us know.

While searching for a replacement screen I did come across this. An official looking parts list

Also, I found this site. They do repair work for 59 bucks then have a parts list too.
portaTronics®

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Motorola or Verizon will also probably repair the phone for cheaper than a used ebay phone. Ask them and let us know.

While searching for a replacement screen I did come across this. An official looking parts list

Also, I found this site. They do repair work for 59 bucks then have a parts list too.
portaTronics®

Nice find. From that part list I guess I would need number 4 - Gasket/Display

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

portaTronics®

Nice find. From that part list I guess I would need number 4 - Gasket/Display

I would say item #1 is what you need. The display seems to be working still... just the glass is broken. I'm no expert though.