my videos have disapeared.

irruigsbhy010

Reaction score
I made 4 videos of a bear attaching my garbage. watched them, then went to mail them to my buddies. gmail said the files were too large and would not email them. I then tried to email them through the default mail client on my incredible. everything looked good. after leaving the phone for a bout an hour i checked and in my notification bar and i had an error saying the email could not be delivered. after waiting for another couple of hours to see if the email would be pushed through, i delete the email in my outbox cus i didnt want to wait any longer. after that i stopped trying to email the videos. the next day i was going to show a coworker the videos. when i tried to play the videos i got an error saying my phone could not play the videos. I then restarted my phone and now the videos have been deleted and i can no longer see them. I have checked the DCIM folder and the videos are not their. My other images are in the DCIM folder but not the videos i took. Is their a way i can recover the videos or get them back.

Thanks

I have a droid incredible and the videos were stored on my phone storage.

semp10

Reaction score
The same problem happened to me with a video but it didn't erase till days later. I would also appreciate if anyone knows how to recover these videos that disappeared for no reason.

xbill

Reaction score
I've been researching this same issue with my wife's droid. Seems like there is a bug in the OS that allows apps, maybe phone app, or email, to corrupt the video. She filmed some 4th of July activities and the video was a few minutes long. She played it back a few times and it worked fine, She tried to send it to my phone but it didn't work. Now the video is empty or truncated. Only the first frame is displayed. This is a serious glitch and should never happen with normal usage.