My Verizon signal stinks but wife's is GREAT

dfpierce0311

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Motorola Droid (version 1) on Verizon's network. We can be sitting side by side and I drop calls constantly and usually have only 1 bar of service at home. Whereas my wife keeps 3 bars and NEVER drops calls on her same identical phone. Any idea what could be causing this?

lemodular

Reaction score
Check your basebands. Are they the same?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Switch phones and see if the problem reverses. If so, something, your watch, rings, etc is attenuating your signal.

OP
D

dfpierce0311

Reaction score
Check your basebands. Are they the same?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Basebands are identical.

Dan_08 said:
try dialing *228 opt 2.

Did that just now. Dunno what effect it might have but we'll cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Chrstdvd said:
Switch phones and see if the problem reverses. If so, something, your watch, rings, etc is attenuating your signal.

That's what I'm talking about. I can use her phone and it's great. No problems at all. But when I pick mine back up it drops calls constantly.

techguru

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Motorola Droid (version 1) on Verizon's network. We can be sitting side by side and I drop calls constantly and usually have only 1 bar of service at home. Whereas my wife keeps 3 bars and NEVER drops calls on her same identical phone. Any idea what could be causing this?

The radio on yours is mis-tuned. There is a little plug under the battery cover where they attach test equipment in the factory before shipping and tune the radio. Yours is messed up. Take them both into a Verizon store to show a tech support person the difference. I don't know if they can tune in the store, if they need to send it somewhere, or if they'll need to replace your phone, but they should do one or the other for you.

Alan

OP
D

dfpierce0311

Reaction score

The radio on yours is mis-tuned. There is a little plug under the battery cover where they attach test equipment in the factory before shipping and tune the radio. Yours is messed up. Take them both into a Verizon store to show a tech support person the difference. I don't know if they can tune in the store, if they need to send it somewhere, or if they'll need to replace your phone, but they should do one or the other for you.

Alan

Well my next problem is that my local Verizon store is full of Salesmen. I doubt anyone there has the technological know-how to understand anything other than, "It don't work." And since I never get the insurance and I've had it and been dealing with this problem for 6 months I'm worried they'll say that there's nothing they can do since it's more than 30 days old. Do they keep tech guys in the larger stores?