Droid X drops calls like mad. Anyone else have this issue?

solomonshv

Reaction score
Hi. I live in Brooklyn New York. I never had a problem with dropped calls before. Before the droid X i had about 10 dropped calls in 7 years.

So anyway. I got the phone Tuesday directly from Verizon and started using it that evening. So far I had 5 dropped calls in places where I never did before (at home and at my office).

First time it dropped a call was when I was talking to my boss. He has an Evo 4G.

Second dropped call was when I got a call from a land line running on Optimum Voice (cable phone service)

Third dropped call was during a call with a person Using a Verizon Blackberry Tour.

The other 2 dropped calls were calls made to land lines, not sure which service provider.

Verizon didn't help, they never do.

My phone has no screen issues and I usually get 2 bars of service on this thing. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

scoder

Reaction score
Plastic shouldn't bother your reception. Updating your roaming capabilities should link you to a stronger and closer cell tower.

deftdrummer

Reaction score
So OP; you've got one bar now. Are you able to make calls Are you pissed? happy? sad? did you return your phone? Not much help to report a problem then bail on the thread.

OP
S

solomonshv

Reaction score
I only posted this to see if anyone else has similar issues. I've been preoccupied with work and med school applications and forgot all about this.

Anyway, I took my Droid X to a Verizon Store where the rep worked some voodoo magic on my phone, he said he reset something somewhere but I wasn't listening to him. Then he had the balls to say "But you only had 5 dropped calls during this whole week." Really?

Result: The phone is still GARBAGE. Even with full 3g service available it still sometimes takes me 20 tries to send a text message. I haven't had a dropped call since my last post, but that's because I haven't really talked much, just used email and texts. 3G reception is spotty. As soon as I start browsing the 3G thing goes straight to 1x. it takes 1 minute to load the FedEx tracking page. My palm pre plus never took longer then 10 seconds.

The guy at the Verizon store told me that if I still have issues I can opt for a refurbished phone, at which point I called him a ****ing retard. This phone is 2 weeks old. I either want a NEW working unit or I don't want it all.

During this upcoming week I'm going to have this phone replaced. If that doesn't help, I'm going back to the Palm.

OP
S

solomonshv

Reaction score
And more complaints:

Every 2 or 3 days, gmail app will say that it cant connect. says my password is incorrect. i either have to wait an hour for it to work right again, or i have to remove and add back my gmail account to send or receive emails.

MrsMegia

Reaction score
having dropped calls issue on my droid x too!

I live in Las Vegas. I am having immense drop calls on my droid x. Its sunday and just got the phone last week on tuesday. I've had verizon for 7 years as my service carrier and never had dropped calls ever! I went to the verizon store and the guy did a long programming" on it. Right when i left the store, i made a test call and the call dropped again! I am unable to make any calls now because the call drops within 3 minutes on EVERY call I make. The phone is useless right now and I don't had a landline so im relying on this phone. I called tech support and they did do a ticket for this issue. Guess we'll see what happens till then.

august829

Reaction score
Experiencing Dropped Calls Too

I was with Sprint before joining Verizon and never had a dropped call until I switched to Verizon. I think it's Verizon's crappy 3-G network because I also have a Blackberry Tour 2-G with Verizon and it never drops calls.