Droid drops calls all the time!

Olivia

Reaction score
I am sick and tired of dropped calls all the time. I used to love Verizon because I didn't have that problem before. That is also why I gave up my iPhone because I hated at&t network, but I'm not seeing much improvement. Twice now when I was ridding down the road in great network area my calls were dropped, and today I was upstairs being lazy and called the home phone downstairs to tell my husband something and it dropped the call. I had 3 bars wtf!? Is it a Droid issue or what? I'm pretty pissed because I was looking toward to being on a better network.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
ya have the same problem and i called verizion about that also, cuz i never once drop a call ever with my old phone and it was explained to me that the driod is a data phone and the phone is always hungry for data and sometimes it will just kick u off for no reason. but thats one thing u have to sacarfice for a smartphone/data is dropped calls every once in awhile not all the time tho

J*Bishop

Reaction score
i to have been noticing a larger amount of dropped calls since switching over to the droid from a blackberry.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whens the last time you guys updated your plr's. *228 option 2. See if that oesn't help you out some.

bastosero

Reaction score
I've had no issues with my calls with the Droid so far. I've had mine for almost two months now.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I back up hookbill on this. Update your PRL.

I've been with Verizon over five years, have had at least 20 phones.

The Droid doesn't drop calls any more than any other phone they've had, which isn't much at all unless I'm in my basement.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had no issues with my calls with the Droid so far. I've had mine for almost two months now.

You guys need to look at your app list. There is something doing that to you. I've had my Droid since week two and have never, and I repeat never, had a dropped call. My hunch is that you've downloaded something that isn't playing nice with your phone programs.

Also, there is a known issue with long hair or long sideburns interfering with the proximity sensor. Could that be in play here? There's also a possibility that you have a defective proximity sensor. You might try using the speaker phone for a while and see that eliminates you dropped calls. If you are using a bluetooth, you may consider that it's contributing to the problem.

Good luck. You should not be experiencing any dropped calls.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of dropped calls all the time. I used to love Verizon because I didn't have that problem before. That is also why I gave up my iPhone because I hated at&t network, but I'm not seeing much improvement. Twice now when I was ridding down the road in great network area my calls were dropped, and today I was upstairs being lazy and called the home phone downstairs to tell my husband something and it dropped the call. I had 3 bars wtf!? Is it a Droid issue or what? I'm pretty pissed because I was looking toward to being on a better network.

I left to get an iPhone. I left AT&T because of the number of calls my iPhone dropped so I returned VZW and got a Droid (good decision) and I've not dropped any calls.

I would do the OTA update as Hook indicated then cal VZW cs .

Mike

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
Okay I will try *228 option 2 and hope that helps. I hope its not the sensor. I will have to pay more attention to that also and see what it does. I do have long hair but I don't let it get in the way. Thanks guys for your help.

BradDroid

Reaction score
Okay I will try *228 option 2 and hope that helps. I hope its not the sensor. I will have to pay more attention to that also and see what it does. I do have long hair but I don't let it get in the way. Thanks guys for your help.

I had similar issues as you have had here. If the prl doesn't update when you do the 228 thing call Verizon and they do it manually. Worked wonders for me.

Russ2387

Reaction score
My droid never drops calls. BUT my wifes droid drops calls ALOT. and hers is glitchy. She hears beeps before she drops call, she says when she looks at screen, the # pad is showing. was wondering if her cheek was brushing screen. After reading post above, its possible it could be her hair....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My droid never drops calls. BUT my wifes droid drops calls ALOT. and hers is glitchy. She hears beeps before she drops call, she says when she looks at screen, the # pad is showing. was wondering if her cheek was brushing screen. After reading post above, its possible it could be her hair....

Definitely hair. It's reported all over the forums. It may also have to do with some phones having an overly sensitive proximity sensor.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Well then that wouldn't actually be a dropped call, it would be a hung up call. I have not had any issues with proximity sensor and I have never dropped a call on VZW in the 5 or 6 years ive used the service.

Russ2387

Reaction score

Definitely hair. It's reported all over the forums. It may also have to do with some phones having an overly sensitive proximity sensor.

Thanks. Ill have her try tieing up her hair. Though she wont like it...

joker402

Reaction score
Ive never dropped a call but i have hund up on people and told them the call was dropped, and for the record the droid is the hardest phone to pretend to drop a call by hanging up.