Droid drops calls all the time!

DivineMsK

Reaction score
Dropped calls and long hair

Okay I will try *228 option 2 and hope that helps. I hope its not the sensor. I will have to pay more attention to that also and see what it does. I do have long hair but I don't let it get in the way. Thanks guys for your help.

This is so helpful. I have LOVED Verizon (never having any problems) and have been disappointed with the dropped/hung up calls since replacing my Blackberry with a Droid - it happens to me A LOT. When I look at my screen I see an "*" as if I dialed that (which I didn't). I thought it was my hoop earrings and so now I take my earrings off when I use the phone, but mostly I just use the speaker phone (which I think is obnoxious and I hate). I do have long hair too. Bald is not a good look for me and so I'll have to learn how to achieve some harmony between my hair and my droid.
Just tried the *228 option 2 and will try to be more conscious of my hair and earrings. I don't have a ton of apps but I do have TaskPanel (which I was wondering if it is a little overzealous) and if these other things don't work, I guess I'll start systematically getting rid of apps.
I'll keep you all posted.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Okay I will try *228 option 2 and hope that helps. I hope its not the sensor. I will have to pay more attention to that also and see what it does. I do have long hair but I don't let it get in the way. Thanks guys for your help.

This is so helpful. I have LOVED Verizon (never having any problems) and have been disappointed with the dropped/hung up calls since replacing my Blackberry with a Droid - it happens to me A LOT. When I look at my screen I see an "*" as if I dialed that (which I didn't). I thought it was my hoop earrings and so now I take my earrings off when I use the phone, but mostly I just use the speaker phone (which I think is obnoxious and I hate). I do have long hair too. Bald is not a good look for me and so I'll have to learn how to achieve some harmony between my hair and my droid.
Just tried the *228 option 2 and will try to be more conscious of my hair and earrings. I don't have a ton of apps but I do have TaskPanel (which I was wondering if it is a little overzealous) and if these other things don't work, I guess I'll start systematically getting rid of apps.
I'll keep you all posted.

Awesome. Just let us know, the more information we can gather the better off we stand with these problems. I hope one of these solutions works for you.

dwake

Reaction score
i too had a bunch of dropped calls and was ready to take my moto droid back. but i had been holding the phone a little away from my face, for fear of pushing the mute or end call button with my cheek, even though the sensor did seem to black out the screen. but i decided to try to hold the phone in direct contact with my face while talking -- no gap whatsoever between the phone and my face - and i haven't dropped a call since.

Janetsbest

Reaction score
Been with Verizon for years with many phones and hardly ever had a dropped call. With my new Droid, 70% of calls are dropped. Ticks me off....will try to get a new Droid but I read all over the net that this will only help 50% of the time. Many people with same problem.

jthorpe

Reaction score
You guys need to look at your app list. There is something doing that to you. I've had my Droid since week two and have never, and I repeat never, had a dropped call. My hunch is that you've downloaded something that isn't playing nice with your phone programs.

I agree. I never see dropped calls unless I'm in a known RF hole or in an area with coverage issues. Call quality is awesome, and no dropped calls here...

DroidGrrl

Reaction score
Whens the last time you guys updated your plr's. *228 option 2. See if that oesn't help you out some.

I'm just learning to speak droid, so I don't yet know what this means. I'm on AT&T and have had my phone for about a month now. The dropped calls have just started in the last 3 days or so and it's very aggravating. I'm job hunting and it's already dropped one important job-related call! I had a basic Samsung phone prior to this, also on AT&T and never had dropped calls unless I lost the bars.

Thought perhaps *228 was something to dial, so I tried that and got a message that it was an invalid number or some such. Anyway, it didn't work for me on AT&T. Also, I don't have a clue what plr's are.

Thanks if you ... or anyone ... can help me solve the problem with the dropped calls!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just learning to speak droid, so I don't yet know what this means. I'm on AT&T and have had my phone for about a month now. The dropped calls have just started in the last 3 days or so and it's very aggravating. I'm job hunting and it's already dropped one important job-related call! I had a basic Samsung phone prior to this, also on AT&T and never had dropped calls unless I lost the bars.

Thought perhaps *228 was something to dial, so I tried that and got a message that it was an invalid number or some such. Anyway, it didn't work for me on AT&T. Also, I don't have a clue what plr's are.

Thanks if you ... or anyone ... can help me solve the problem with the dropped calls!

I suggest calling AT&T customer service to going back to the store where you purchased your phone and ask for assistance. I would stress that you are job hunting and dropping calls from potential employers is not acceptable. They can tell if you are dropping calls so stand firm on a resolution even if it means switching carriers. BTW in view of the critical nature they can waive the early termination fee so be bold!

Let us know how this is resolved.