My take on the Rezound...

Schimm

Reaction score
Worms might be crawling back into the ground. I always take Consumer Reports with a healthy dose of salt but while I was skimming through their recent issue at the store I noticed the 4s appears to be a middle of the pack phone. That never happened in the past with the iphones. The old technology is a bit tarnished it appears.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
OK.
I suppose I should update my original review.

This is the first time I've used the Beats headphones with something other than the Rezound.
They SUCK!
I compared them to mid priced 40ish dollar phones and good $70 Klipsch phones.
The Klipsch blew 'em both away.
The Beats are WAY bass heavy with no definition or clarity.
I guess that's what happens when audio equipment is designed by a rapper who doesn't need to worry about actual fidelity.
Really, there's more to music than the BEAT.
Damn, these Klipsch sound GREAT!

B
Loving my rooted bloatfree Rezound!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK.

This is the first time I've used the Beats headphones with something other than the Rezound.
They SUCK!
I guess that's what happens when audio equipment is designed by a rapper who doesn't need to worry about actual fidelity.

LOL, I should probably sell mine on EBAY before everyone starts doing that and crashes the price (someone claimed to have gotten $100 on EBAY, which is hard to believe, but EBAY does prove a sucker is born every minute).

Agree with your take about them being base-heavy. For starters, I prefer BT earbuds, anyway. Have some Sony-BTR100's and the base/balance is much better. volume is plenty, and the clip-on is a nice touch.

The other problem with the Beats earbuds is they are too large to fit comfortably in the ear, and also don't really want to stay there.

Worth noting, however, that Beats (prior the last update) only worked with wired headsets. If you use a different music app and 3rd party equalizer, quality might improve lowering bass to a more natural level.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Yeah. That's why I liked them.
I used them with Rezound and Power Amp with the eq.
However, and I forgot to mention in my review, they are arguably the most comfy buds I've used.
I usually hate buds.
They almost always hurt my ears in short order.

I hadn't thought about trying to sell them.
That's a great idea!

B

samiusmc

Reaction score
LOL, I should probably sell mine on EBAY before everyone starts doing that and crashes the price (someone claimed to have gotten $100 on EBAY, which is hard to believe, but EBAY does prove a sucker is born every minute).

Agree with your take about them being base-heavy. For starters, I prefer BT earbuds, anyway. Have some Sony-BTR100's and the base/balance is much better. volume is plenty, and the clip-on is a nice touch.

The other problem with the Beats earbuds is they are too large to fit comfortably in the ear, and also don't really want to stay there.

Worth noting, however, that Beats (prior the last update) only worked with wired headsets. If you use a different music app and 3rd party equalizer, quality might improve lowering bass to a more natural level.

The Beasts earbuds come with 5 different size buds so you can find the ones that fit you.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Beasts earbuds come with 5 different size buds so you can find the ones that fit you.

It's not just the rubber bud, but the whole thing is like an inch long....What, you're supposed to look like Herman Munster with those things?

pjniez

Reaction score
OK.

They SUCK!

B

Which model Klipsch earphones do you have? I've been thinking about trying the S4As someday...

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
I honestly don't know.
They have an oval shaped aluminum kind of case but there is no number to be found anywhere.
I bought them several years ago.
Klipsch is a great brand.
They've been doing pro audio for decades.
Pick a model, any model.
:)

B

Insidious

Reaction score
I honestly don't know.
They have an oval shaped aluminum kind of case but there is no number to be found anywhere.
I bought them several years ago.
Klipsch is a great brand.
They've been doing pro audio for decades.
Pick a model, any model.
:)

B

I agree, klipsch and Audio-Technica are my favorites.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!