No sound for notifications

zcar.300

Reaction score
I have recently stopped getting audible notifications of text messages through handsent and emails through gmail. :icon_eek:

Everything was working fine after installing BB v0.5. It just stopped making sound one day.

I've made sure all volumes are turned up. Even if I click on "test notifications" in handsent I get no sound. The LED doesn't even blink any more. Although it was blinking for a while after I notice I wasn't getting sound.

I turned on notifications in the stock messaging app. But it's notification sound isn't being played either.

When I go into settings and pick a sound for the notification it plays the sound then. So I know the speaker is working.

DHO

Reaction score
Are you using Locale or an app that can override system settings?

Also try the app Missed Reminders.
Perhaps not the perfect solution, but it should work

OP
zcar.300

zcar.300

Reaction score
Yeah I have local. I checked it volume setting and shut it off. That didn't help.

I rebooted and they seem to be working again.

bionic207

Reaction score
Out of the blue. No txt,email,Facebook messages sound. Tried cache wipe plugging in earphones and nothing. Real aggravating. Have to look at my phone to know of TXT etc. Rings when some one calls. PLEASE HELP!

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Are you aware that the ringer volume & notification volume are separate? Go to settings - sound and make sure that your notification volume isn't turned down. This was a change for ICS.

DerekWeber

Reaction score
Did you check to see what ringtone you have set for default notifications? There is a silent ringtone. You can also set notification ringtones within your individual apps and see if they start working. For instance, the settings within the text messaging app allow you to use the default notification or set one specific to that app.

bionic207

Reaction score
Any one out there that can help. Everything here is basic stuff most can figure out on their own. I have finger it all and nothing still