My Razr Maxx HD ruined my morning!! Unreal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamsound1

Reaction score
Have a RAZR Maxx HD which is only a few months old got it in November and is in mint shape. This morning the phone alarm did not go off come to find out when I woke up an hour & half later then I needed to, the phone was off. Before I went to sleep I set the alarm and plugged the phone in it was on charging at about 38%. The phone would not turn on!! I checked the power outlet it was plugged into overnight it was good. I was running way late for work I also use the phone as my GPS so I was screwed. Didn't know where I was going and couldn't call person to notify them of where I was!! I was completely crippled. I also have the car dock with the charger (Motorola) and it would not turn on sitting in the dock either. I held the power down for extended periods of time and nothing. I finally get to work and about half hour later it decides to turn on and the battery shows 100%! When it finally decided to turn on it showed the big battery sign in blue with a check mark on it and 100%. I've never seen it like that. It is usually a green bar and no check mark.

All my chargers are genuine Motorola that are stated compatible with this exact phone. Also phone is in in mint condition never dropped or damaged. Any ideas as what happened? Has this ever happened to anyone? I have lost a lot of faith in Motorola now because I cannot trust this phone to be reliable now after what happened. I don't know what to do. I specifically bought a Motorola phone because of its solid reliability. I never had a problem like this before. Thoughts?

PowrDroid

Reaction score
I have seen the big battery with the check mark in it showing 100% whenever I power the phone down and plug it in to charge. This must have been what happened to you. After you set the alarm you must have long-pressed the power button, turning the phone off. That's why the alarm didn't go off. You say, "I woke up an hour & half later then I needed to, the phone was off."

When you got in your car the phone didn't come on when placed in the car dock because it was still powered off. Then you held the power button down for extended periods of time and (apparently) the last time you tried it, the phone powered on but you were unawares. Then when you get to work it "decides to turn on" when in reality it was on.

Based on your information that's probably what happened.

BTW,

I also use the phone as my GPS so I was screwed. Didn't know where I was going

Don't know the way to your job without your GPS? This statement makes me think you are a wee bit too dependent on your phone. Or you are ambivalent to your surroundings.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
He could've had a meeting somewhere besides his office? ;)

Dream, if it happens again (which hopefully it doesn't), doing this should get you reset...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well fortunately (most days) if I sleep through my alarm, I have three little miniature alarms that are like clockwork... every... single...morning... :blink:

jber8103

Reaction score
Well fortunately (most days) if I sleep through my alarm, I have three little miniature alarms that are like clockwork... every... single...morning... :blink:

Exactly! I also agree with the not really aware of his surroundings! And I can vouch for Motorola being dependable! I've had count less Motorola devices over about 15 years now, and they have all been flawless! Well, except for when I modify them, of course! Ha!
;)

OP
D

dreamsound1

Reaction score
Wow you guys sound so young and ignorant. I had to drive an hour away from where I live for a job so yeah I needed a GPS fools. I am "aware of my surroundings"

To the the poster who with the advice of rebooting the phone holding power and volume down trick- thanks you are the only one who said something useful!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I also would be crippled without my phone because I go to several appointments where I need my GPS and have to touch base and be available to home office as well. I might use backup alarms but I don't have backup GPS or a backup phone (it is why I have a phone that does all that).

In the past, the Razr Maxx has been known to mysteriously discharge and not charge. I haven't heard of the Razr HD's doing the same and I believe that problem had been fixed on the og Razr.

Now onto some things to help stay on the safe side to make sure you're properly charged and running...

Calibrate your battery meter every couple months to make sure the meter is reading the correct charge of your battery. Follow these steps to do this:

1. With phone off, charge your battery to 100%.
2. Once fully charged, turn phone on and use it without charging till it reaches the low battery warning (approximately 10%).
3. Turn the phone off and charge to 100% again while phone is off.
4. Use phone and charge phone as you normally would.

Another thing to do at least once a week (I do once a day) is to turn phone off for a minute. It helps clear out things in memory and apps that might be unnecessarily running in the background.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Have a RAZR Maxx HD which is only a few months old got it in November and is in mint shape. This morning the phone alarm did not go off come to find out when I woke up an hour & half later then I needed to, the phone was off. Before I went to sleep I set the alarm and plugged the phone in it was on charging at about 38%. The phone would not turn on!! I checked the power outlet it was plugged into overnight it was good. I was running way late for work I also use the phone as my GPS so I was screwed. Didn't know where I was going and couldn't call person to notify them of where I was!! I was completely crippled. I also have the car dock with the charger (Motorola) and it would not turn on sitting in the dock either. I held the power down for extended periods of time and nothing. I finally get to work and about half hour later it decides to turn on and the battery shows 100%! When it finally decided to turn on it showed the big battery sign in blue with a check mark on it and 100%. I've never seen it like that. It is usually a green bar and no check mark.

All my chargers are genuine Motorola that are stated compatible with this exact phone. Also phone is in in mint condition never dropped or damaged. Any ideas as what happened? Has this ever happened to anyone? I have lost a lot of faith in Motorola now because I cannot trust this phone to be reliable now after what happened. I don't know what to do. I specifically bought a Motorola phone because of its solid reliability. I never had a problem like this before. Thoughts?

Green to blue battery indicator makes me think

- Your phone updated from GB to ICS.

- Perhaps there was an error in updating that caused your phone to freeze up.

- The phone charged but since it was technically on but frozen you couldn't turn it on again.

- When a phone freezes usually the power button ceases to work as well.

- My suggestion would have been to hard reset by holding down the volume down and power buttons.

doniago

Reaction score
Wow you guys sound so young and ignorant. I had to drive an hour away from where I live for a job so yeah I needed a GPS fools. I am "aware of my surroundings"

To the the poster who with the advice of rebooting the phone holding power and volume down trick- thanks you are the only one who said something useful!!

Posts like this don't tend to make me more inclined to help the poster.

I think you could have clarified your situation and thanked the person who provided the useful advice without insulting others in the process.

Cheers.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Posts like this don't tend to make me more inclined to help the poster.

I think you could have clarified your situation and thanked the person who provided the useful advice without insulting others in the process.

Cheers.

Agreed, though he was provoked by some pretty presumptuous remarks.

I'm closing this since the tension keeps being ever-so-slightly rekindled and the OP's gotten some good answers. OP if you need more info, feel free to PM me and I'll re-open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.