Computer not Recognizing my Droid Razr Maxx HD

Exalt

Reaction score
Hello all, my computer for some reason is not reading my Droid Razr. It's read a couple times before I got the phone but I had to keep plugging it and replugging it back in for it to work. The last time it worked I had to turn off my computer, plug it in and turn it back on. Now, it wont read it at all. I'm using the same USB cable as the phone came with and the Droid is charging when I plug it in. Also, when I plug it in, a little message pops up that say the USB port doesnt recognize the media and to reset it or put something else in. And it reads anything else so it's not the USB port. Can someone help me identify the reoccurring issue? I just want more music on my phone :frown:

KaChow

Reaction score
The two things you could do is go into Settings> Developer options> click the check box on USB debugging. That usually helps if not enabled. Also could go into Settings> Storage> on that 3-dotted line push itUSB computer connection should appear push it> select MTP. Then plug in your device and should be in good shape.

rick_harbin

Reaction score
The two things you could do is go into Settings> Developer options> click the check box on USB debugging. That usually helps if not enabled. Also could go into Settings> Storage> on that 3-dotted line push itUSB computer connection should appear push it> select MTP. Then plug in your device and should be in good shape.

I'm having the same issue. I can see my photos while in PTP camera as my USB computer connection but it won't let me access MTP media device. i have turned on debugging and it hasn't worked either. it's worked before but not now. when theUSB is connected it make a one beep noise but now it is beeping several times. any ideas of a fix?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have the latest Motorola Device Manager software loaded on your PC?