Motorola RAZR MAXX HD to Straight Talk

Shana Reese

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE Crappy McCrap
Hello,

I recently acquired a Motorola RAZR Maxx Hd from my son. The power button is broken. I have found an app to work around that. (And I might replace the button anyways) My question is, does anyone know if an unlocked Razr Maxx Hd can work on Straight Talk. Their online form says yes, but when I tried it, it didn't work. Support keeps giving me the blanket "we don't support LTE phones" but that doesn't seem like I shouldn't be able to use it with 3g service. Will unlocking the phone make it work as a GSM phone? Anyone have any experience with this, and if so what did you do to make it work?

I am basically trying to see if it's even worth fixing the button and unlocking the phone. Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

HBANG

Reaction score
It should work but won't get Lte. I don't know the bands specs of your phone or of straight talk. That's what needs checking to figure what kind of data you will get.
Phone definitely needs to be network unlocked. Having the bootloader unlocked is a different story.... But it helps to flash a ROM from different carriers and modems.

Wireless...