My phones not working...

Tridemo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung A50
ok so, i know that thats not too intresting of a title but thats all i can really get to come out of my head right now.
I was walking my dog and someone walked past so my dog sat very still, which was a good thing. Then he unexpectedly burst forward and my phone went flying out of my hand and hit the snow. I brushed it off and went home. It. Wouldnt. Charge. We waited a day thinking maybe there was some water in the port. It still wouldnt charge. This time it said that it was too hot. So i have a question, whats wrong with my phone? How would i fix it? My phone model is a Samsung A50 btw.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
ok so, i know that thats not too intresting of a title but thats all i can really get to come out of my head right now.
I was walking my dog and someone walked past so my dog sat very still, which was a good thing. Then he unexpectedly burst forward and my phone went flying out of my hand and hit the snow. I brushed it off and went home. It. Wouldnt. Charge. We waited a day thinking maybe there was some water in the port. It still wouldnt charge. This time it said that it was too hot. So i have a question, whats wrong with my phone? How would i fix it? My phone model is a Samsung A50 btw.
A simple snow landing and quick brush off shouldn't be a problem for most phones today. Have you tried letting it sit on a factory charger? Not an aftermarket cord, a bona-fide factory charge cord? Sometimes it may take a little while, up to 15 minutes, for the phone to wake up. Have you tried also holding down the power button and volume down button together? Most Android phones these days that is screenshot , but a few seconds later it forces the phone to restart.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Moisture in charging port could have caused oxidization of contact surface. What I would do is take either alcohol wipe and wrap it around tip of the knife and wipe inside of the port or dip paper towel in vodka and do the same to remove the green layer of oxidation from contacts.