My phone tends to freak out every now and then...

Roborossi

Reaction score
Every now and again my phone tends to go on the fritz. Like one thing that happens is when im at the home screen, it tends to start sliding through all the other home pages. Then say i want to to look at my texts, the texts page starts going up and down. What causes this and even more important how can i fix it.

rsarno

Reaction score
bump for info, my phone is now 2 weeks old and both mine and my wifes have just done the same thing.

Have any more details been uncovered about this?

Lylith

Reaction score
My phone will do this too. It just starts moving through the screens. Is there any way to stop it? It's a bit annoying.

elliesahokie

Reaction score
yes this is so annoying. I think it started happening for me before the froyo update. seems to come in waves-- like hiccups. most recently it started last night and is continuing today. Cycles to the right-most screen, or if I do get lucky and can slide it over to the left enough to get to texting, it cycles up to the top of the conversation, or locks the screen alltogether.

another forum said it might be dust in the optical mouse? Get a can of air to spray into it. I havent gone to the store just yet but am thinking I will give it a try.

Any other options?
thanks

elliesahokie

Reaction score
follow up...

so I tried the can of air and it worked for about 10 minutes, enough time for me to at least rearrage some aps so I could make a phone call on the farmost screen.

I took it into the verizon store and they actually just gave me a "new" one. the new/refurbished phone has only "freaked out" once since august.

good luck~

elliesahokie

Reaction score
I believe it is refurbished. Not the same phone as before, at least. Though it makes you wonder why this phone had to be refurbished if its a new model in 2010.

mauiblue

Reaction score
For me, when my phone starts acting up, I'll just back up my data and apps and do a hard reset. Not all may agree but works for me.

I've rooted my phone a month ago and use Titanium Backup Pro to backup and get me back and running quickly and easily.

Orionalias

Reaction score
maui...tell me about the comparison of titanium backup vs rom manager. do they do the same thing? or am i completely off in my thinking? i'm about to root in the next few days with unrevoked's new release, and i just want to make sure i understand the varying apps that come into play during the process.