problem with Incredible needing replacement

MDW

Reaction score
I got the incredible by pre-order on the 29th.
Within 2 days, it started going beserk. It gets stuck racing through all options. Can not get it to say on home page, because keeps scrolling through to the end of available home pages. Likewise, when get contacts up, starts scrolling through them at high speed. Can not control. Happening almost 100% of the time now. Had to call for a replacement to be shipped. Anyone else have this problem?
ps- battery life is going to be a real problem. I had hoped Advanced Apps Killer plus turning off internet features at work would help, but does not seem to.

hm10

Reaction score
I have this same problem from time to time. I'm hoping it will be resolved in a software update...but until then, still trying to figure out a fix.

matticus

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are you using a non-OEM charger? That seemed to be the root of this sort of problem with the Moto Droid. Insufficient current rating on the charger would cause them to have a mind of their own similar to what you are describing.

OP
M

MDW

Reaction score
using oem charger
getting new phone delivered tomorrow
sure hope i do not encounter same problem, really bad

RyanPm40

Reaction score
When I got my Droid Incredible on the 28th in the mail, it kept freezing and resetting itself everytime i made/received a call. I did a full factory restore and it would still freeze and reset when i tried to ACTIVATE it. Luckily, I was able to trade it in at the Verizon store the next day and my current one works flawlessly. My messages sometimes force closes but it's not that bad

TwistedTJ

Reaction score
It's something to do with the optical pad at the bottom. Mine does the same from time to time and if I mess with that pad/button it corrects the issue temporarily.

WeakChopper

Reaction score
It's something to do with the optical pad at the bottom. Mine does the same from time to time and if I mess with that pad/button it corrects the issue temporarily.

This is what I was going to say. I got a BlackBerry Curve way back when they first came out and after, oh...maybe eight months, maybe a year, I started having a problem similar to this. Obviously the Curve is not a touch screen, but I had no clue what it's problem was. It would scroll through things, open menus, even call people sometimes all on its own. I finally figured out that it was the tracking ball that was causing all the trouble.

c_law23

Reaction score
mine did the same thing today. At the home screen it was fine but once i hit something like messages it would just keep cycling through them at an erratic rate. then i tried to shut it off and it just shuffled through that menu at an erratic rate.

So i pulled the batter and it works fine now... though has me a bit worried. I'm going to wait until it happens more then once a month to take it back as I don't want to go through setting everything up yet again. How are your guy's doing? did any of you not replace it?

skidiver

Reaction score
I encountered this problem once, about a week ago.

For me, recalibrating the accelerometer seems to have solved it.

(Settings/Sound & Display/G-Sensor calibration [very last option].... place the phone on a level suface and press "calibrate")