my first post....quick question!

sx4dude2013

Reaction score
Hey. I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9650. I orginally purchased the bb on june 15 and I have 30 days to change devices. We all kno what comes out only July 15. That's my last day to change devices so I have to get a x on that day. Should I go to the store early? And has anyone gone from a bb to a bold? I'm 17 and think that bb is geared more towards the business type. Which is not me. Any tips/advice?
Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid and I would not even consider the Bold or any other BB. When I was working my group supported several BB's and it was not a pleasant task.

Mike

OP
S

sx4dude2013

Reaction score
Ok. Any issues wit ur droid? Is the x supposed to be good?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Hey. I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9650. I orginally purchased the bb on june 15 and I have 30 days to change devices. We all kno what comes out only July 15. That's my last day to change devices so I have to get a x on that day. Should I go to the store early? And has anyone gone from a bb to a bold? I'm 17 and think that bb is geared more towards the business type. Which is not me. Any tips/advice?
Thanks!

You should get there the day it launches to assure you can return your BB and get the Droid X. What you can also do is if you upgraded to the BB from another Verizon phone on contract, you can return your BB and use your old phone and upgrade when you see fit. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

You should get there the day it launches to assure you can return your BB and get the Droid X. What you can also do is if you upgraded to the BB from another Verizon phone on contract, you can return your BB and use your old phone and upgrade when you see fit. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

that should work, just tell them you changed your mind about the bb and you want to stick with your old plan/phone. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that you aren't resigning a contract when you take the bb back, that's what happened to me and i had to go through something like six supervisors/managers to get it sorted out. seriously, be POSITIVE that you aren't getting in another two year contract by returning the bb. THEN and ONLY then, should you upgrade to the droid x.

that is of course, if you can't do it all in one sitting. i just said all that because you will likely not be able to find a droid x on launch day and you could sit on your old contract for another few weeks while stores restocked.

dangerous

Reaction score
Thanks!

I have the 9630 Running on BESX, and i'm a "business user", i am going to get the X on 7/15/10.

The biggest thing i will miss on the BB are two things
#1. BBM (Blackberry Messenger - Secure and does not cost as part of Text Messaging).
#2 PTT (Press to Talk). I know there is TiKL for Android, but that will not work with the BB (My Wife has a BB).

So, with Two Apps i will miss, I Can't wait for 7/15/10 to come any sooner. I think the X will truly be the "iphone killer".

dangerous

Reaction score
Thanks!

that should work, just tell them you changed your mind about the bb and you want to stick with your old plan/phone. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that you aren't resigning a contract when you take the bb back, that's what happened to me and i had to go through something like six supervisors/managers to get it sorted out. seriously, be POSITIVE that you aren't getting in another two year contract by returning the bb. THEN and ONLY then, should you upgrade to the droid x.

that is of course, if you can't do it all in one sitting. i just said all that because you will likely not be able to find a droid x on launch day and you could sit on your old contract for another few weeks while stores restocked.

Technically you have to wait 2 days after return for all to reset so you don't get locked in.
I know for a fact, that i have taken my 30 day demo phone back, activated my old phone, then got a different phone for another 30 days. (all in the same day.....)..