My droid wont unlock...plzzzzzzzzzzz helllppppppppppppp

joseb4

Reaction score
so last night i locked my phone with a 4 digit password, i went to sleep and when i woke up, i tried to unlock my phone so i could reply to some text messages. i put the password in and it wont unlock. i know for a fact that im putting the right code in. i do not want to master reset it so can anyone help me out pllllzzzzz :( i need it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sometimes, VZW can hook it to the computer in the back and get the code. Unfortunately, if that doesn't work, you'll have to do a factory reset. However, your apps, contacts, calender, and email are tied to your gmail account and should restore when you log back in.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

smmfc

Reaction score
The only thing is, even a factory reset won't change the lock screen. Its a security feature to keep from being stolen and used. If big red can't fix it it may take an sbf to fix.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

FernBch

Reaction score
The only thing is, even a factory reset won't change the lock screen. Its a security feature to keep from being stolen and used. If big red can't fix it it may take an sbf to fix.

X2 Sometimes there is no other choice

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

OP
J

joseb4

Reaction score
this really suckz tho... and who the hell is big red????

z96Cobra

Reaction score

This isn't true on my OG Moto Droid. Not sure if being rooted has anything to do with it but I did a factory reset once and then set everything back up the way I like it. After all that was finished, I set up my pin number and surfed the web for a while. I got busy doing something else and my screen timed out. When I turned my phone back on and entered my pin, it wouldn't unlock. I tried different variations in case I somehow fat fingered the pin 2x when setting it up. Nothing. After multiple attempts and the phone making me wait between X# of bad attempts, I gave up and did another factory reset. Everything was wiped, including the security settings.

I've heard that after many unsuccessful attempts at entering the correct pin, it will prompt you for your Google credentials to allow you access back into your phone. I never got that prompt.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IIRC that only applies to entering your Google password incorrectly.