Locked out of Droid

OP
I

inmotion

Reaction score
jhankg - first off thank you. I've been working on the phone for the past few minutes here, but i still cant get it completely unlocked. Heres what I've done so far.

1) called the phone and backed out to the home screen
2) deleted the lock pattern (hung up, still locked out, called it again)
3) tried deleting my gmail account from the phone, wouldn't let me
4) changed my gmail password on my computer, and toyed with the phone until gmail figured out i was running the old pw still, it asked me to input the new pass, and I did. (hung up, still locked out)
5) after all of this, tried putting in my new password to unlock the phone, its still telling me invalid.

From what I've seen, there has to be a flag in a file somewhere that will continue locking me out until i can either
a) put in the "correct" password -or-
b) find the file and manually change the flag

Does anyone know where the file might be? I'm not rooted, which may turn out to be my downfall.

If I don't get any other ideas soon, I'm going to try to manually install the 2.1 update (I doubt itll work while in the call) Hopefully that will replace the file with the flag.

Thanks again to all who replied

EDIT: wow, lots of responses while I was busy with the phone \ reply. I'll post in a few minutes after trying the new stuff. Thanks everyone!

3turner

Reaction score
Try martin's suggestion above by creating a NEW GMail account from a computer to your phone.

OP
I

inmotion

Reaction score
Well, I got it. Thanks to everyone who posted, especially JhankG and Martin030908, you guys are lifesavers.

stuhasdroid - I was simultaneously on gmail on my computer, checking the password to make sure I wasn't making a dumb mistake, and I changed it just because I had no better idea. Off the top of my head, I think you can change the # of lock attempts in security settings.

640k - even though I've got the phone back its good to know about the factory reset. The Verizon rep I talked to didn't mention saving anything. She just said the factory reset would delete evereything on the phone, contacts, apps, files etc... Where do they get these people?

Wish I could give you guys a hi-5, rep points or something.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I got it. Thanks to everyone who posted, especially JhankG and Martin030908, you guys are lifesavers.

stuhasdroid - I was simultaneously on gmail on my computer, checking the password to make sure I wasn't making a dumb mistake, and I changed it just because I had no better idea. Off the top of my head, I think you can change the # of lock attempts in security settings.

640k - even though I've got the phone back its good to know about the factory reset. The Verizon rep I talked to didn't mention saving anything. She just said the factory reset would delete evereything on the phone, contacts, apps, files etc... Where do they get these people?

Wish I could give you guys a hi-5, rep points or something.
home - menu - settings - privacy - back up my settings.

as long as that's checked, you'll get your apps, calendar, contacts, wallpaper, wifi and maybe ringtone settings back.

other app settings like messenger notifications and email notifications have to be reset.

deubster

Reaction score
Oh, and change girlfriends before she tries to touch it again. :icon_ devil: