My droid is seriously sucking the last few days...

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
OK, so I have rooted my phone, hasnt been much different. I have no app killer installed, yet my phone hasn't run smooth in days, and today has been especially worse. Maybe I need a nice rom, how about a link to a tutorial please, or can't I just strip my OS as is and keep it bare bone.? I am noob with android, but learn quick.

Jake1991

Reaction score
Ya. Yesterday my phone started acting up to. It crashed for the first time yesterday and its crashed 3 times since then. I just wouldn't worry about it and wait to see if it will return to normal. But I would however suggest getting an appkiller. It makes so much more of a difference. When I didmt have 1 mine died without 10 hours. Now my phone will last 1 1/2 - 2 days

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
If you are thinking of trying a ROM, I highly recommend making a backup of your stock setup using clockwork mod rom manager. Just look at Maderschramm's posts, he has some good ones. Make sure you understand ALL of the steps before you try flashing anything though.

Also, I have seen more than one thread where they recommend NOT to use app killers, and in many cases simply having one installed has compromised the stability of the phone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ya. Yesterday my phone started acting up to. It crashed for the first time yesterday and its crashed 3 times since then. I just wouldn't worry about it and wait to see if it will return to normal. But I would however suggest getting an appkiller. It makes so much more of a difference. When I didmt have 1 mine died without 10 hours. Now my phone will last 1 1/2 - 2 days

Well, I however, along with the makers of the Android OS and the vast majority of Droid Forums, disagree with you wholeheartedly...see the 2 links below in my signature.

I have no 3rd party app killer installed, and I routinely get 17 hours of use out of my phone, and when placed back on the charger at bedtime, it is usually on 20-30%. I have no "battery saving" apps of any kind...I just turn off whats not needed constantly through out my day...do you really need to have Facebook update every 15 minutes, or Twitter...I dont, nor do I need to check my e-mail every hour either...YMMV.

To the OP, do yourself a favor and read the 2 links I have below...it will "kill" any reason to use an app killer.

As far as OP`s phone just starting to flake out...check for any new apps you have downloaded lately...one of them may be causing the issue...

Jake1991

Reaction score
Ya. That's why I use the appkiller. Its easier to just kill the apps rather than to go into every single apps and turn off the autoupdate Settings.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Use your back button and they're not needed :)

Ya. That's why I use the appkiller. Its easier to just kill the apps rather than to go into every single apps and turn off the autoupdate Settings.

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ROMs can DEF make a difference as far as performance goes! I'd be happy to walk you through getting one flashed if you'd like! :)

OK, so I have rooted my phone, hasnt been much different. I have no app killer installed, yet my phone hasn't run smooth in days, and today has been especially worse. Maybe I need a nice rom, how about a link to a tutorial please, or can't I just strip my OS as is and keep it bare bone.? I am noob with android, but learn quick.

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Jake1991

Reaction score
Well I've been using this appkiller.and it has made my battery last 3 times linger. So u can say that they aren't good for your phone. But it.has worked perfectly on my phone. Done what its supposed to do, and even a Verizon rep suggested I use it

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First: I'm a corporate rep for Verizon. 90% of my 88,000 coworkers are idiots! DEF don't know more about Android than Google. Hell, you probably know more than they do.
Second: hit the "Kill Selected Apps" button, wait a few minutes, and open the app up again. Guess what...theeeeeeey'rrrrrrreeee baaaaaaack! :)
Why? Because that's how Android operates...on its own. I have MUCH better battery life, less freezes, and cooler temps since UNINSTALLING ATK! They probably recommended an "anti-virus" app too, right?

Well I've been using this appkiller.and it has made my battery last 3 times linger. So u can say that they aren't good for your phone. But it.has worked perfectly on my phone. Done what its supposed to do, and even a Verizon rep suggested I use it

DroidForums junkie!!

Jake1991

Reaction score
I don't know. I usually tune them out because they tell me stuff that I already know. And yes, I know how the droid works. And I know it works on its own. That's why the app on my phone has an "ignore list" so I put all these apparently like my fedex app and facebook app on the ignore list so they don't try to running again.

Arianne216

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but that isn't what the ignore list does. The ignore list ignores the open apps you select instead of trying to close them every 5 minutes that you have to use ATK to keep the apps closed. It doesn't ignore them so they don't turn back on.