My droid 2 global can't read the memory card

pxndx89

Reaction score
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
I berly today my gf got this issue for some reason it can't read the memory can anyone help me plz

silver6054

Reaction score
I berly today my gf got this issue for some reason it can't read the memory can anyone help me plz

First questions: can you read that card in a computer or another phone? Can you read another card in the D2G?

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
Well we try in another phone..n its say unavalible file something like that....but some plp told me it might have a virus that's why I need some help

silver6054

Reaction score
Well we try in another phone..n its say unavalible file something like that....but some plp told me it might have a virus that's why I need some help

Is there stuff on the card you need? Otherwise try reformatting it on the other phone or on a computer (with antivirus protection on the PC if you are concerned). If you can read another card on the phone that rules out issues with the phone.

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
Ok ill do what u said thanks a lot....if I have any more questions ill contact u again...ps...well I only pics n music n some school work that Is save on the memory

srfrmac87

Reaction score
I ran into some problems. My thread outlines what I did. Don't really have time to run down it now, but if you have questions on what I am doing and my progress, feel free to ask here or message me.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173843

The thread title is "SD card failure?" (without quotes) if your browsing from d2g. It is a basic outline of the steps I took to check the card and what I did when I figured out for sure it was going bad.

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
Well yeah it was something like that...but thanks I already make it works...thanks for the help u guys

lwags67

Reaction score
Just a thought. Make sure the SD card lock tab has not accidentally been moved to the locked position. Had that happen on two other non=phone issues and both times, the tab accidentally got moved to the locked position. Unlocked and all worked. Once in a camera and once in a usb stick.