MY DNA is overheating and the battery is draining... does anyone know why?

GottaBeAnthony

Reaction score
recently i've been noticing that my DNA has been overheating and while it's overheated the battery drains reeeeeaaally fast (it can drop from 15% to dead in about 10 minutes) does anyone know why this may be happening?
btw i dropped my phone last week and it cracked the screen, idk if this will effect anything or is related to the overheating problem at all, just thought id put that out there

and also i live in arizona (so it's really hot outside) and it usually overheats when it's in my pocket and im outside during lunch but sometimes it overheats when im inside too o:

thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you installed any new apps recently?

OP
G

GottaBeAnthony

Reaction score
I have, they were just games and I deleted them after about a day. I also downloaded avg and the scan says o don't have anything harmful. I was borrowing my friends charger ( he has a different kind of phone) could that have been why?

kcooldude

Reaction score
No I've used all kinds of phone chargers on my HTC DNA. Try seeing what apps r running, u can check this in settings. Also monitor your battery module in settings. See if a certain app is killing your battery.