Android OS Program Causing Battery Drain and Overheating

Gattaca

Reaction score
So my Moto Droid (1) running Android 2.2 lately has been acting weird. It's been overheating and draining significant battery for no reason. Apparently, this "Android OS" is running a lot and it's eating a lot of battery life. This had never happened before. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Snoking

Reaction score
So my Moto Droid (1) running Android 2.2 lately has been acting weird. It's been overheating and draining significant battery for no reason. Apparently, this "Android OS" is running a lot and it's eating a lot of battery life. This had never happened before. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Dump any task killers you have loaded! Manually reload it with the large file now available.

Chris

xliderider

Reaction score
Have you performed a Factory Reset after loafing the update? That seems to correct a lot of problems following the update.

Also, my D1 had a lot of problems with ANY froyo rom, but it turned out to be corrected by formatting the memory card. A quick test you can do is to put another memory card in your Droid, if you have one available, or take your memory card out and see if your problems go away.

iPirate

Reaction score
Android OS? doesnt sound important, put it on the task killer kill list

:D

OP
G

Gattaca

Reaction score

Dump any task killers you have loaded! Manually reload it with the large file now available.

Chris

What do you mean by "dump any task killers" and "manually reload it?" It started happening before I had any task killers. I just recently installed ADvanced Task Killer to see if it can kill certain programs, but the issue still persists. My Moto Droid runs hot too when it happens. Kinda scary.

Snoking

Reaction score

Chris

What do you mean by "dump any task killers" and "manually reload it?" It started happening before I had any task killers. I just recently installed ADvanced Task Killer to see if it can kill certain programs, but the issue still persists. My Moto Droid runs hot too when it happens. Kinda scary.

Froyo "likes" to be in charge of the processes. If you have read anything in the last few weeks, having a task killer running and automatically killing tasks with Froyo is a mistake. Remove it! Then go find the FRG22D large file and manual reload the OS. Report back on the results. If that does not fix things, try the memory card test above.

Chris

OP
G

Gattaca

Reaction score

Chris

Froyo "likes" to be in charge of the processes. If you have read anything in the last few weeks, having a task killer running and automatically killing tasks with Froyo is a mistake. Remove it! Then go find the FRG22D large file and manual reload the OS. Report back on the results. If that does not fix things, try the memory card test above.

Chris

Okay. So I updated from 2.1 to 2.2 using a file, but I don't think that's the "large file" you're talking about, is it?

Snoking

Reaction score

Chris

Okay. So I updated from 2.1 to 2.2 using a file, but I don't think that's the "large file" you're talking about, is it?

Look here!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ta-patch-here-download-now-45.html#post798640

Chris

Reaction score
Call 611 and complain about it because a lot of people have been complaining about poor battery life after 2.2 but unless enough people call in about it verizon won't do anything about it.

Snoking

Reaction score
Who that has a clean install and is not running a task killer is have battery issues? I got the FRG01B update OTA and it was not running real well. So I did the large file manual update and things improved. I took the FRG22D OTA and phone is fine. I did download the large file FRG22D file just incase I want to do a manual update with that full install. I am becoming to believe that large file manual updates are cleaner than OTA updates. Chris

OP
G

Gattaca

Reaction score
Actually, I fixed my problem quite easily. Apparently, Kik Messenger Beta's latest update was causing my Android OS to go haywire, so I uninstalled Kik Messenger and now Android OS is working normally (or minimally and not overheating/eating batter). Thanks for all your help though!

Steele

Reaction score
I awoke yesterday morning to find that after charging all night long the phone read only 15% charged. I went to pick-up the phone, unacceptably hot. Tried removing and replacing the battery, using a different charger, all to no avail. Verizon is over nighting a new phone to me.

Think something went wrong with the phone or the battery ???