Droid 2 overheating.

darthmikkon

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid 2, the R2D2 Empire Strikes Back special edition model. Star Wars junkie so I HAD to have it ;) Anyway, recently I've experienced a lot of overheating and battery drain problems. I live in southern New Jersey, and it has been nothing but hot, muggy, and nasty. That being said, I thought it was the sun beating on the screen and just the general atmosphere overheating it. But it seems that wasn't the case. The ESB droid has a metal battery cover, and I don't doubt that has something to do with it. I went to all my running/synching apps and uninstalled gReader, which was constantly updating. I also killed the automated uploads from PhotoBucket. I think it was the synching and autouploading that was wearing my phone down...it dropped twice yesterday from 50% to 5% charge in less than half an hour. Since I made the software changes, and since it is considerably cooler out today, it doesn't seem to be too hot, and the battery seems to be keeping its charge better. But how/when will I know if the battery itself is the problem and not environment or apps?

mafiafan123

Reaction score
Do a full battery cycle clear out any non needed running Apps turn off sync auto brightness or low 50% to 5% does that again grab a new battery for like 20 on ebay

Sent from my Thunderbolt