Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate It!

• Needs more work!

• Total voters

binqker

Reaction score
No you move it from computer to root of sd card. Or if you downloaded to phone its on your sd card. Copy it and move it to system/media in Root Explorer. Paste it there after renaming original from .zip to .bak. Make sure new one rads bootanimation.zip.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Thanks Mate.....

No problem. Did you get it?

Surely did! Thumbs up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

SD_Vee-Dub

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the positive remarks. I am currently working on another one.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the positive remarks. I am currently working on another one.

Can I make a request and give constructive criticism?

Can you make one that just flashes white and blue?

The only thing I did not like (minor), is the pixels that sit there in between flashing. I could go through and edit it myself I guess. You only used about 50 images.

Still love it! :)

OP
S

SD_Vee-Dub

Reaction score

The only thing I did not like (minor), is the pixels that sit there in between flashing. I could go through and edit it myself I guess. You only used about 50 images.

constructive criticism is always nice to hear.. i left the white pixels in there to show it was his LED head, when i have time tonight ill mess around with it and make a white and blue one. do you still want the looping green one green or change it also?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

constructive criticism is always nice to hear.. i left the white pixels in there to show it was his LED head, when i have time tonight ill mess around with it and make a white and blue one. do you still want the looping green one green or change it also?

I would like it just white and blue. But it's all you man, make em how you want:)

And I figured that's what you were doing with the LED look.

Good work still. Love it!

dman27

Reaction score
THIS IS Mau5erific! @__@ Love it putting it on now!

PS he's my favorite! hes amazingggg live se him if you ever have the chance

dman27

Reaction score
so i just tried this, I used Root Manager to copy and past the .zip to (system/media) and i renamed the stock one and then renamed this one to bootanimation.zip and nothing happened... any help is appreciated thanks!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
so i just tried this, I used Root Manager to copy and past the .zip to (system/media) and i renamed the stock one and then renamed this one to bootanimation.zip and nothing happened... any help is appreciated thanks!

Did you make sure to hit the R/O back to R/W before you exited Root Explorer?

And what did you rename the original to, .bak I imagine?

dman27

Reaction score
Yeah I did switch it back, I remanded the original "bootanimation1.bak" and the new one "bootanimation.zip" and it still uses the original animation, I had an app that would change it at one point but I went back to stock a while ago

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did switch it back, I remanded the original "bootanimation1.bak" and the new one "bootanimation.zip" and it still uses the original animation, I had an app that would change it at one point but I went back to stock a while ago

Usually it will leave the screen blank when you reboot after you rename the original and the new doesn't take. Weird.

All I can recommend is redo your steps again, sounds like you know what your doing. And it doesn't sound like its in data/local.

Your not running a ROM? Can't see your sig.

dman27

Reaction score

Usually it will leave the screen blank when you reboot after you rename the original and the new doesn't take. Weird.

All I can recommend is redo your steps again, sounds like you know what your doing. And it doesn't sound like its in data/local.

Hey so last night I loaded the apex rom, and then redid the steps and it worked like a charm I don't know why it wouldn't work with the regular stock but oh well, thanks for your help!!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hey so last night I loaded the apex rom, and then redid the steps and it worked like a charm I don't know why it wouldn't work with the regular stock but oh well, thanks for your help!!

Hey no problem! Glad you got it.

And you may or may not know this. But if you don't...when switching ROM's, sometimes they

change your build.prop and it will put the bootanimation file in data/local instead of the system/media.

jamesondroid

Reaction score
wickedbaddass. thanks for your time with this.

I second the "will it work on DG2?" I imagine it would as changing boot logos is the same as the others but...

jamesondroid

Reaction score
impatience... and I has insurance so whatever.

Works Perfect on D2G.

Cant wait to see what else you make.