[Boot Animation] "Android Destroys Apple" Custom Boot Animation

sslbaron

Reaction score
That did not work either. I really cannot figure out what I am not doing right..smh

Could it being seen as bootanimation.zip.zip? When I originally started rooting my original Droid, about a year ago, I had to change my settings on my computer to display file extensions because I was renaming stuff update.zip.zip, and nothing would work! ;)

I put a copy straight on my sd card and went in through Droid 2 bootstrap to see and it does show it as as bootanimation.zip. zip How exactly did you fix this?

You need to change your settings on your computer to be able to see file extensions. I'm not near a computer now because I currently work away from home so I can't help you on how to do this part, but you can try renaming it to just bootanimation and see if that works.

Good luck! :)

sslbaron

Reaction score
I took off the .zip off the file name and it works like a charm. A BIG THANKS for the help guys:icon_ banana:

Glad to help out. I have been receiving very helpful information from the forums for a while now. It is nice to be able to give back! lol

How do you like the Liberty GB? I haven't tried it myself yet. I'm still on Gb .588

billyfj

Reaction score
I took off the .zip off the file name and it works like a charm. A BIG THANKS for the help guys:icon_ banana:

Glad to help out. I have been receiving very helpful information from the forums for a while now. It is nice to be able to give back! lol

How do you like the Liberty GB? I haven't tried it myself yet. I'm still on Gb .588

I am loving it so far and have not really had any issues through all the updates

bigbird189

Reaction score
Man oh man, I had the same problems and followed your instructions and now it works great and looks really cool. Thanks for the great help!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any boot animation can be placed in data/local. Its the easiest and quickest way

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

akappy332

Reaction score
For some reason my clockwork won't flash new boot animations. It just gives me an Installation aborted and reboots to whatever animation was already on the phone. I can manually install them, but does anyone have any ideas as to why it wont install through rom manager? I've installed tons before. this is something new...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just take the animation, make sure it's named bootanimation.zip and use root explorer to put it in the data/local folder. Also make sure there is no animation in the system/media folder. That's how I install them

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

comk4ver

Reaction score
Is there a remote chance I can flash this on my og droid? (I'm get a droid x, from a friend in a couple of hours) I'm on cm 7.0.3

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Steveo412

Reaction score
Which one of the files do I download for the animation

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bobjoe

Reaction score
Anybody have good media to accompany this boot animation?

comk4ver

Reaction score

I have a similar question because i flashed the 15, 20 and the 30 fps. I get some yellow lines that look like static for the first 15/30 seconds then the animation comes on.

Last edited:
OP
K

kvnhmmd

Reaction score

I have a similar question because i flashed the 15, 20 and the 30 fps. I get some yellow lines that look like static for the first 15/30 seconds then the animation comes on.

Might be because the OG Droid has a different resolution? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.