[Boot Animation] "Android Destroys Apple" Custom Boot Animation

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
I did not create the actual original animation, however, I did format it for portrait view with 480x270 dimensions.

The original animation was a project by a TA for a 3D class at Platt College in San Diego California. This project was made as an example of what you can do with animated logos. He goes by the youtube name "saintmichaelsarmoury". Check out his profile! http://youtube.com/saintmichaelsarmoury

----------------------------------------------------------
Preview:
(the GIF animation is low quality and sped up, view the youtube vid to see it in real life HD action!)
[video=youtube;zAOElRe5vtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAOElRe5vtY[/video]

Android_Destroys_Apple_4.gif

Download:

All Files
http://www.mediafire.com/?q7hzfxi7s6771

480x270 Portrait - 15FPS
bootanimation_portrait_480_270_15fps.zip

480x270 Portrait - 20FPS
bootanimation_portrait_480_270_20fps.zip

480x270 Portrait - 30FPS
bootanimation_portrait_480_270_30fps.zip

480x854 Full Screen Landscape
bootanimation_landscape_480_854.zip

480x800 Full Screen Landscape
bootanimation_landscape_480_800.zip

Installation:

To Install, you must first root your phone.

You should then rename the file to "bootanimation.zip" and place it on the root of your sd card (not in a folder).

Then install "Libery Toolbox" by JRummy16 from the Android Market.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox

After installed, open the Liberty Toolbox and press "Liberty Tweaks --> Manage Boot Animation ---> Install bootanimation.zip on SD"https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox

To change the boot logo, you can use another app by JRummy16 called "DX/D2 Logo Changer"
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jrummy.dxd2.logo.replacer

Last edited:

ArmyDude

Reaction score
That's hot!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

billyfj

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get this to work. I am on rooted DX and running Liberty GB v.08 and the Liberty toolbox cannot find it and I tried flashing through clockwork and it just hangs up. Love the animation. Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong?? Thanks in advance

OP
K

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get this to work. I am on rooted DX and running Liberty GB v.08 and the Liberty toolbox cannot find it and I tried flashing through clockwork and it just hangs up. Love the animation. Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong?? Thanks in advance

You should name it "bootanimation.zip" and place it on the root of your sd card (not in a folder).

Then go into the toolbox and press "Liberty Tweaks --> Manage Boot Animation ---> Install bootanimation.zip on SD"

billyfj

Reaction score

You should name it "bootanimation.zip" and place it on the root of your sd card (not in a folder).

Then go into the toolbox and press "Liberty Tweaks --> Manage Boot Animation ---> Install bootanimation.zip on SD"

Thanks. I'm not a pro at this nor am I a newbie. I am not sure what you mean or are referring to when you say the "root" on my sd card? I have tried putting it in several places. I found a folder called roottools, but I dont think your referring to that

OP
K

kvnhmmd

Reaction score

Thanks. I'm not a pro at this nor am I a newbie. I am not sure what you mean or are referring to when you say the "root" on my sd card? I have tried putting it in several places. I found a folder called roottools, but I dont think your referring to that

You want to put it on your SD Card, but not in a folder. It should be one of the first things listed on your SD Card when you go to open it on your computer.

billyfj

Reaction score

You want to put it on your SD Card, but not in a folder. It should be one of the first things listed on your SD Card when you go to open it on your computer.

I copied it straight to my sd card. It is not at the top, its down towards the bottom. This is the file dl that I am trying to use 480x270 Portrait - 30FPS
bootanimation_portrait_480_270_30fps.zip

and I did rename it as bootanimation.zip Liberty toolbox still says no file found. I am really confused. Never had this hard of a problem putting anything on my X

Last edited:

mjs1015

Reaction score
Ok try this: copy the bootanimation.zip, back out of sd card, go to data, then local, the paste. This is what I did and it worked.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

billyfj

Reaction score
Ok try this: copy the bootanimation.zip, back out of sd card, go to data, then local, the paste. This is what I did and it worked.

That did not work either. I really cannot figure out what I am not doing right..smh

sslbaron

Reaction score

That did not work either. I really cannot figure out what I am not doing right..smh

Could it being seen as bootanimation.zip.zip? When I originally started rooting my original Droid, about a year ago, I had to change my settings on my computer to display file extensions because I was renaming stuff update.zip.zip, and nothing would work! ;)

OP
K

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
Could it being seen as bootanimation.zip.zip? When I originally started rooting my original Droid, about a year ago, I had to change my settings on my computer to display file extensions because I was renaming stuff update.zip.zip, and nothing would work! ;)

That's exactly what I was going to suggest also.

Good luck

billyfj

Reaction score

I put a copy straight on my sd card and went in through Droid 2 bootstrap to see and it does show it as as bootanimation.zip. zip How exactly did you fix this?