my case is too smooth and slippery

lfloyd87

Reaction score
case too smooth & slippery (pics of me inside!!)

My hands are kinda small and the case I have for my droid is a silicone case but it's very smooth and has a tendency to slip and slide around in my hand when I'm typing with one hand. Is there a case that's like a soft, rough, sort of sticky rubber/silicone/etc... that I can buy? Basically I want the phone to not slide around in my hand by having been made out of a very porous, non-viscous, material that will sorta stick to my hand. I tried to find this in the search function but couldn't. Any suggestions?

Beka27

Reaction score
I like the body glove case. It's a textured rubber and is very non-slippery. This is available at Verizon. I haven't used any other manufacturer's cases, so I don't know what else to recommend.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I like the body glove case. It's a textured rubber and is very non-slippery. This is available at Verizon. I haven't used any other manufacturer's cases, so I don't know what else to recommend.

The problem with Body Glove cases is that they tend to fall apart after 3 or 4 months - sooner, if you're doing frequent battery pulls. I'd recommend either the Otterbox or one of Seidio's. You can find both on Amazon.com, where they're fairly inexpensive.

-Mike

Beka27

Reaction score
Hmmm... Since I got the phone I haven't removed the case or pulled the battery. Is this necessary to do? Do these others cases come off easily?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hmmm... Since I got the phone I haven't removed the case or pulled the battery. Is this necessary to do? Do these others cases come off easily?

No, if you're not rooted, you probably won't experience "boot loops", which are the principal reason that you'd need to pull the battery. In essence, Otterbox and Seidio are better made cases than Body Glove and stand up better to repeated removals - for whatever the reason - however, they may be overkill, if you don't need frequent access to the battery compartment, so go with the Body Glove.

-Mike

Beka27

Reaction score
Thanks! This is good to know. The Body Glove is working well for me now, but since rooting is probably on the horizon within the next couple weeks, I'll check out those other cases.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Thanks! This is good to know. The Body Glove is working well for me now, but since rooting is probably on the horizon within the next couple weeks, I'll check out those other cases.

They do hold up better, with repeated removals. Back in the early days, I was *constantly* having to pull the battery on my Droid 1.

-Mike

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which case do you currently have?

I use the seidio innocase for my original droid and it's soft but not "slippery".

doublea500

Reaction score
i have had the verizon case and the front piece broke off fairly quickly. i have had 2 otterbox cases and both the front pieces broke off within two weeks and the backpieces started to get weaker. and i have had a seido case for almost 6 months now (not counting but for months and months) and the frontpiece or the backpiece is still not broken. in fact, ever since i got the case, the frontpiece has never been unattached to my droid.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
i have had the verizon case and the front piece broke off fairly quickly. i have had 2 otterbox cases and both the front pieces broke off within two weeks and the backpieces started to get weaker. and i have had a seido case for almost 6 months now (not counting but for months and months) and the frontpiece or the backpiece is still not broken. in fact, ever since i got the case, the frontpiece has never been unattached to my droid.

You know, you're the third or fourth person that I've seen who has mentioned the front piece breaking off. By "frontpiece" I assume your talking about the rectangular piece which fits directly over the screen - right? For the life of me, I can't figure out what you guys did to MAKE that thing break...but, as I said, you're not the first person to report that problem. I'm just curious as to how you handle the phone - do you carry it in your pocket, or on some kind of a holster? When you remove the bottom part of the case, do you also remove the front piece? There *has* to be a reason for those pieces breaking.

-Mike