Need to make the back cover less slippery

ENOTTY

Reaction score
The back cover of the Galaxy Nexus is super slippery. Because of the slipperiness and the light weight, the Nexus slides off my hands at like 5 degrees of incline, as opposed to the 30 degrees I was used to on my OG Droid.

I'm looking for a skin or a super-thin cover that can make it stick more to my hands and can also accommodate an extended battery. Right now I'm using this Xentris Soft Shell cover I picked up in a Verizon store. It added a couple mm of width on the sides and it's still pretty slippery. I'd like something smaller, if it exists.

I'm considering a Gelaskin because of the review by Raul[1], but I don't know whether it works on an extended battery, and the available skins are a bit garish.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

1: [video=youtube;mMaF9nAPL34]http://youtu.be/mMaF9nAPL34[/video]

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt the gelskin will aid in the grip.

I have the VZ Silicon Gel Case and it provides a great grip - but I find it too bulky.

I've tried the Diztronic (didn't like) and some other no name brand which didn't fit right.

I just ordered this one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MKLHDG

S
upposedly it's as thin as you get with a good grip.

seventwozero

Reaction score
Have you checked out Ringke slim case review? It looks like one of the most minimalist cases available for the GN, while still providing protection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
E

ENOTTY

Reaction score

S

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll order it on Amazon today. I do love that return policy.

Have you checked out Ringke slim case review? It looks like one of the most minimalist cases available for the GN, while still providing protection.

That case does look good, but sadly, this review says it's not compatible with the extended battery.

seventwozero

Reaction score
You're right, the review I watched the other night said it would fit, but the review also pointed out that the case actually scratched his phone when using it with the extended batter :blink:

One user commented in my 'cases that fit the extended battery' thread that the Incipio NGP fits very well. From looking at it on their site, it looks fairly slim as well.

OP
E

ENOTTY

Reaction score
I got the Cruzer Lite case from Amazon. It's really slim and the Android logo is actually quite slippery on the back. However, it has pretty sticky rubbery parts in strategic locations that still make it great to hold. The buttons are exposed and easy to press. The cutouts are great. Excellent work.

doublea500

Reaction score
I doubt the gelskin will aid in the grip.

I have the VZ Silicon Gel Case and it provides a great grip - but I find it too bulky.

I've tried the Diztronic (didn't like) and some other no name brand which didn't fit right.

S

+1 on that. i have the green one

i initially had the verizon one but i was annoyed with it not covering the top and bottom of the phone.

joshfrank

Reaction score
I got the Cruzer Lite case from Amazon. It's really slim and the Android logo is actually quite slippery on the back. However, it has pretty sticky rubbery parts in strategic locations that still make it great to hold. The buttons are exposed and easy to press. The cutouts are great. Excellent work.

Yup - I use these as well when I put the case on. Good stuff :biggrin: