My 1st Droid Bill!!!!! ACK!!

badass3000

Reaction score
My part of the bill is $35!
loving it!
Verbil.jpg

boatman2220

Reaction score
I have issues also on my bill. I was being charged with calls placed mobile 2 mobile ( Verizon phones being called ) home numbers being charged ( in the number plan ) Not all the time but random, some charged sometimes not. I called Verizon and was credited back for this, my acct. was tagged to make a note of the problems. They gave me 250 min. bonus for the next 6 months. I have 450 min. because most I call are on Verizon, and on My Circle. I looked at my bill and had already used almost half of my min. don't know if it's billable min. or total used. So I'd check it out and give them a call.

Boatman... a 900 min plan is the lowest you can have Friends and Family on. The only free calls you get on 450 is in-network and nights and weekends. If a dumb cs rep credited you, count your blessings and stop complaining.

To the OP, before ASSuming it's a VZW error, wait until you can view your bill. I'd put money on that it's your equipment on there... Either your new Droid, or you got a warranty replacement that you never returned. Looking forward to seeing your bill posted to prove me wrong!
4 lines are shared, and they set my line up on a separate plan, it was set up for a BlackBerry plan, but they just swapped it over.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
I recieved my first bill all was good with the S2 and my daughters phone, returned it and got the Droid. VZW switched me over to the correct data plan (Unlimited Data) with the Family Share Select with 700min. Well appartently the VZW rep whom I had verify 3 times that all he changed was the data and he confirmed was a little bit of a moron. Apparently he changed the plan to basic with pay per text. Now I have an 18 yr old daughter and all she does is text. Within two weeks I reviewd my usage online and was seeing that my bill was on its way to $600. Called the CS and they took care of it right then, so I thought. Got my bill and it was $1000!!!! Called CS once again and received a credit of $820. Now that is the way it should be. No issues getting this resolved. My recommendation is to verify that your Plan has not changed and that you are being billed correctly before being to hasty.

JayMonster

Reaction score
For those that doubt the story of the $2500 bill from VZW, please allow me to regale you with my own horror story from my first Smart Phone... the Audiovox Thera. Now mind you back then most of the data was still 1x. I had an offline app (that I can't remember the name of at the moment) that would download stories from the sources I selected for me to read "offline"

I called VZW and inquired about data rates (they were not clear at the time) for "pay as you go" versus the Data Plan. Since I did not spend time online (browsing was painful at 1xRTT on a Windows 2002 Phone Edition based phone) this seemed like a plausible idea rather than paying $40/month. The rep told me (and I confirmed and repeated back twice) $.10 per MB.. but as it turned out at the time it was .10 per Kb. I was hammered with a $1200 bill and VZW disconnected my service until I paid. Period. End of Story.

If every other provider didn't have awful coverage in my area at the time, I probably would've been with another company, but I sucked it up, paid my bill, and well... I am still here, because while the others have gotten better, nobody still holds a candle to VZW's service... but I digress... now this was 5 years ago, and think may have changed since then (certainly prices for data have gotten better), but don't think that if there is a way they can do it, that VZW won't nail you with a large bill.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I recieved my first bill all was good with the S2 and my daughters phone, returned it and got the Droid. VZW switched me over to the correct data plan (Unlimited Data) with the Family Share Select with 700min. Well appartently the VZW rep whom I had verify 3 times that all he changed was the data and he confirmed was a little bit of a moron. Apparently he changed the plan to basic with pay per text. Now I have an 18 yr old daughter and all she does is text. Within two weeks I reviewd my usage online and was seeing that my bill was on its way to $600. Called the CS and they took care of it right then, so I thought. Got my bill and it was $1000!!!! Called CS once again and received a credit of $820. Now that is the way it should be. No issues getting this resolved. My recommendation is to verify that your Plan has not changed and that you are being billed correctly before being to hasty.

I agree that things CAN get resolved, but as in your case, it is really sad that it takes 3 calls to get that done (because the 1st two screwed up).

superglen99

Reaction score
I got my first bill for a family plan 2 phones 700 shared minutes unlimited txt both phone and unl data one phone. $169. I think its a tad high and I will call verizon. it should be roughly $150.

drivewell1138

Reaction score
i have the $30 "unlimited data plan" for the droid. are my minutes used for internet as well? and when ARE they used? apps? just talking? etc...
thanks

keiichi25

Reaction score
i have the $30 "unlimited data plan" for the droid. are my minutes used for internet as well? and when ARE they used? apps? just talking? etc...
thanks

No minutes are used for the unlimited data plan. Basically, the unlimited data plan allows you to use the internet at any given time. The reason why most of us say it isn't truly "unlimited" is because some people abuse the 'unlimited' part of it. The definition of unlimited is for normal web usage. Some have been using the data plan to do file serving or as real time web cameras which is not considered 'normal' internet usage for the phone. Some go as far as abusing certain applications to use the data part of the phone to do major file downloading that tends to go over 5 gigs worth of data in one month.

The only reason why some of us caution you on data usage is just the 'surprise' when you are found using a large amount of data in a short period of time, which generally makes Verizon look at your usage and start charging you or possibly shutting down your account due to abuse of the Terms and Conditions outlining the kind of data you should be getting.

In the long run, most unlimited users will rarely exceed 200 megs or even 500 megs of data doing streaming music or streaming video in a one month period.

jamiehughes

Reaction score
i got my first bill with the droid and nothing changed on mine it is the same as it always was with my moto Q that was terrible to try and surf the net with..the droid is wayyyyy better....

drivewell1138

Reaction score
thanks!! i understand it much better now haha. since last night when i first got the phone, ive only used around 32 megs, which is more than what would be usual b/c it's from installing the apps, using/testing the phone, etc....
good to know the minutes are unaffected by data usage!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Try getting a letter from the State saying you owe $32,000 in back child support.....

This is 10 years after I fulfilled my obligation...Came down to a number being misplaced on a court document....Almost gave me a heart attack.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
Well, I think we need the whole story here. Sounds like you billed the Droid to your account. Maybe buyers remorse? I have never had VZW not rectify a billing issue in the past. Maybe you would be happier at TMO as billing mistakes NEVER happen there.

lol peeps. but your right tmo dont make those mistakes cuz less people to deal with but hell they cost a hell of cheaper

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I got my first bill a week after I got my Droid, that's just the way the billing Cycle worked out with me adding a new line to my family's plan.

Before I left the store the CSR told me my first bill would be higher with the activation fee added in. She said itwould be about $180. It was aactually $170. But will be $110. A month from now on for 900
min. and unlimited data.