My 1st Droid Bill!!!!! ACK!!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dont ever try and get things by the man.... youll eventually get caught and when you do its not pretty.

ive seen a few instances on crackberry where people tried to use tetherberry to get free tethering and ended up with bills over 2500 bucks for a single month.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dont ever try and get things by the man.... youll eventually get caught and when you do its not pretty.

ive seen a few instances on crackberry where people tried to use tetherberry to get free tethering and ended up with bills over 2500 bucks for a single month.

Yup i've heard of the same thing. That's why I tell people, and even the verizon reps on the site have told people, they CAN find you doing it. While likely if you stay under a 5GB cap you won't get caught, if you are caught, they make you pay.

ggp

Reaction score
I have issues also on my bill. I was being charged with calls placed mobile 2 mobile ( Verizon phones being called ) home numbers being charged ( in the number plan ) Not all the time but random, some charged sometimes not. I called Verizon and was credited back for this, my acct. was tagged to make a note of the problems. They gave me 250 min. bonus for the next 6 months. I have 450 min. because most I call are on Verizon, and on My Circle. I looked at my bill and had already used almost half of my min. don't know if it's billable min. or total used. So I'd check it out and give them a call.

Boatman... a 900 min plan is the lowest you can have Friends and Family on. The only free calls you get on 450 is in-network and nights and weekends. If a dumb cs rep credited you, count your blessings and stop complaining.

To the OP, before ASSuming it's a VZW error, wait until you can view your bill. I'd put money on that it's your equipment on there... Either your new Droid, or you got a warranty replacement that you never returned. Looking forward to seeing your bill posted to prove me wrong!

MarkDF

Reaction score
I'd have to say I'm a pretty big Verizon Wireless fan. While there have been mistakes made, in my experience their customer service is top notch. I've always been able to get through to them, they have always taken care of me, and mistakes have always been taken care of on the spot.

Now if only I could say the same for Verizon (the TV/land line/internet side). They get a D for CS.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All i can say about the bill thing is. @ phones a droid billed to my account 1400 minutes with unlimited text and all. Still not $350 this month

ggp

Reaction score
This would not be hard to do... purchase the phone at a store, have to mail in rebate = approx $320 with tax plus plan, say maybe $100/mo and data $30 and there's $450 right there.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well seeing as the original OP has not commented back, he either got really frustrated with verizon and already made the switch, or he figured out why his bill is so high.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Well, also given he posted at 3:42 AM PST time (6:42 AM EST), I think he is still waking up or working out the bill on the phone or trying to figure out how to get onto the Verizon Wireless Website to see what his bill is like.

To the rest - Remember, you can look up the details of your Verizon Wireless Bill by going to Cell Phones,Smartphones,Mobile Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless and setting up an website account under your wireless number to see a little more detail on your wireless bill.

The most recent bill I got since the droid, with 1 family member is at around $130 with a corp discount. That's a 700 min share, with unlimited data, 250 text messages. I'm the one using the bulk of it and so far, in one month, managed to rack up about 21 megs of data usage.

So far, nothing else billed to my account yet, and I paid for the phone, not on my account, so the high bill suggests to me - Paid for phone via account, bought accessories, or extra charges due to using other services that you didn't pay for (I made sure I had a 250 text block which is like $5 additional, versus the per charge on text messages. If you are texter, you rack up charges quickly.)

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I don't have anything useful to contribute. I just wanted to add this joke.

"Ack"? What's the matter Cathy, can't fit into that swimsuit? AAACK!

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
hey i got my droid billed to my account and my bill came out to $540 but i do have a family share plan of 4 lines with 2100 mins and just did the bogo deal for the eris so i know why my bill is that high

papy72

Reaction score
To the rest - Remember, you can look up the details of your Verizon Wireless Bill by going to Cell Phones,Smartphones,Mobile Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless and setting up an website account under your wireless number to see a little more detail on your wireless bill.
It shows a heck of a lot more than a "little more detail". You can see everything from your charges by line to a log of the actual calls made and to whom.

Back when the EX-wife ran up $300 in airtime fees after blowing away our minute allotment I learned exactly how detailed VZW's online site can be.

texasPI

Reaction score
It shows a heck of a lot more than a "little more detail". You can see everything from your charges by line to a log of the actual calls made and to whom.

Back when the EX-wife ran up $300 in airtime fees after blowing away our minute allotment I learned exactly how detailed VZW's online site can be.

Was it at that time that she became the ex? Yeah, more than enough detail online.

keiichi25

Reaction score

Not to sound like a jerk, but when you go 'EX-wife' and 'exactly how detailed' it was... I take it you found 'cause' for ending the marriage beyond just a lot of airtime usage... <_< >_> <_< (Note: This is Shifty Eyes and couldn't find something similar.)

88Droid

Reaction score
don't know if this thought came up, but my guess would be the O.P. charged the phone purchase to their verizon account?????