music player stopping

CRwrestler44

Reaction score
Hey guys, here I am with another question! So when I listen to my music on the music player, it only plays for about 3 minutes and it stops, but only when im not doing anything on it. If im using the droid it keeps playing. Any thoughts my friends?

Bluemate737

Reaction score
The only working and simple solution

You can do a master reset and other tricks that might help but if it works it will only be by chance.

THE only things you need to do is the following :

1) Remove the music player from the auto end list of the task manager
2) Remove the gallery from the auto end list of the task manager

It is stupid to have to remove the gallery but this is the only way it will work. As soon as you put the gallery back on that "auto end list" the player will stop after a minute or so.

Thanks to "NiceGuysFinishLast" who put me ont that path.

ml32

Reaction score
Still doesn't work

On my DROID 3, I have both the Music app and the Galley app removed from the Task Manager app's auto-end list and am still experiencing this problem. ARGH! Does anyone know any other app/program that might be causing this problem?

You can do a master reset and other tricks that might help but if it works it will only be by chance.

THE only things you need to do is the following :

1) Remove the music player from the auto end list of the task manager
2) Remove the gallery from the auto end list of the task manager

It is stupid to have to remove the gallery but this is the only way it will work. As soon as you put the gallery back on that "auto end list" the player will stop after a minute or so.

Thanks to "NiceGuysFinishLast" who put me ont that path.

Tim Larkin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Still doesn't work

On my DROID 3, I have both the Music app and the Galley app removed from the Task Manager app's auto-end list and am still experiencing this problem. ARGH! Does anyone know any other app/program that might be causing this problem?

I have this on my galaxy s4 and have been all over the place and disabled various apps, and contacted Samsung who said to clear the Music app cache and data and if that fails (which it did) do a factory reset (might work but is a harsh solution and pain in the &*s so did not try yet), but since then I have notice that it absolutely happens each time the phone switches from WIFI to mobile data, i.e. if the WIFI goes out or you enter or leave a signal area, and also vice verse, when you got from mobile back to WIFI. This is not a solution, but maybe someone can use the info to figure it out, it is very annoying

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Perhaps you should try something like poweramp. I think you'll like it more than the stock player anyhow.