Music stops playing

AFMDroid

Reaction score
The music on my Motorola Droid will suddenly stop playing at times, regardless if I'm using standard music player or "3" music player. I can't always force it to happen at will, but once it starts, it's hard to keep the music playing for any period of time. Unfortunately, it seems to happen when I move my headphone cable a certain way. I hear a popping/crackling noise, then the music player just closes. Also, the same popping and music player shutdown happened when using a stereo cable in the AUX input in my car, so I worry it's something hardware related. I'm on Ultimate Droid v9 ROM and am overclocked, but this happened even before I rooted my phone.

Anyone else have or hear of this issue?

jasonb

Reaction score
i have had mine shut off a couple of times while plugged into my cars stereo system. it has happened with both the stock music player and btunes. there were no funky noises first though, it would just randomly stop.

BigRalphN

Reaction score
player

AFMDroid;36a4471 said:
The music on my Motorola Droid will suddenly stop playing at times, regardless if I'm using standard music player or "3" music player. I can't always force it to happen at will, but once it starts, it's hard to keep the music playing for any period of time. Unfortunately, it seems to happen when I move my headphone cable a certain way. I hear a popping/crackling noise, then the music player just closes. Also, the same popping and music player shutdown happened when using a stereo cable in the AUX input in my car, so I worry it's something hardware related. I'm on Ultimate Droid v9 ROM and am overclocked, but this happened even before I rooted my phone.

Anyone else have or hear of this issue?

Mine will do thaat as well. It is supposed to be a feature. Unplug the headphones and the player stops. Unfortunately the headphone jacks on these SUCK. One bump and they crackle as described and often turn off the player. My sons does it as well as does a guy at work. I do not plan on replacing since the next may do the same

OP
A

AFMDroid

Reaction score
Mine will do thaat as well. It is supposed to be a feature. Unplug the headphones and the player stops. Unfortunately the headphone jacks on these SUCK. One bump and they crackle as described and often turn off the player. My sons does it as well as does a guy at work. I do not plan on replacing since the next may do the same

Ahh, good point. I could have sworn that in the past the music just played through the speaker when the headphones were unplugged, but I just tried again, and the player does just stop. Doesn't help my problem much, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who this happens to.

shiccy

Reaction score
I've not had this problem but once or twice. My suggestions are to not move around the headphone jack once plugged in, and possibly try a brand new set of headphones. I bought the super expensive cable for my car from best buy (didn't realize it when I picked it up, colored me surprised when it was $20 after tax for a freaking 6' cord!), and have never had trouble with it. I also own a pair of $40 headphones, which have cut out once or twice, but it was because I was messing around. Both are gold plated, both are higher quality cords/headsets. Try it out and see what you get :)

PS- the headphone jack is one that has a 90 degree angle right after the jack plug in. Maybe that would help to buy one like this for you?

BigRalphN

Reaction score
I use a $35 gold cable and a set of bose earbuds at $115. I have tried other cables as has my son. Jack still sucks.

DIESELbowhunter

Reaction score
When I play music on my phone it stops playing after a minute or so. How can I make my music play until I shut it off?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

DIESELbowhunter

Reaction score
It says there is a problem parsing the package..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Roadwild17

Reaction score
My stock music player does the same thing, also if I try to restart the song / change track it would lock up the phone.

SaturnMan

Reaction score
You likely have put "Gallery" into your auto kill list in the Task Manager like I did when I had the same problem. Delete that entry and you should be all set.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Better yet, delete the task killer all together! ;)

DroidForums junkie!!

dan74

Reaction score
You likely have put "Gallery" into your auto kill list in the Task Manager like I did when I had the same problem. Delete that entry and you should be all set.

Thank you for this! I've been looking all around since I got the phone, trying to solve this problem. I never would have thought to take 'Gallery' off the auto-end list as I thought it was useless.

Much kudos to you! dancedroid

jtune

Reaction score
This didn't work for me, I thought it would. Any other suggestions?