Music stops playing

ojayso

Reaction score
Me either...

This didn't work for me, I thought it would. Any other suggestions?

This did not solve my problem either. I have been searching for an answer off and on of about a month now. I started hating my Droid a long time ago.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys using task killers. When are you going to learn and how many times do we have to tell you. Get rid of them. It's probably what shuts your music player off.

If it still continues, go to the market and get another muisc playing apple.

ojayso

Reaction score
No task killers here.

You guys using task killers. When are you going to learn and how many times do we have to tell you. Get rid of them. It's probably what shuts your music player off.

If it still continues, go to the market and get another muisc playing apple.

Thanks for the advice but I stopped using Task Killers a long time ago. It has been happening with all audio apps.

ojayso

Reaction score
Holy Cows! I hope this info. helps somebody as much as it helped me. I have now listened to 5, 5 whole songs without my player stopping. I did not download the app. that they recommended but I did follow the rest of the steps indicated. I believe clearing the cache was what did it but I don't know for sure. Frankly, I don't care. I'm just happy it works.

"besides the task killer i mentioned some other things you might look at are:
have you checked your security settings?settings>location &security>security lock timer
have you checked your screen timeout? settings>display settings>screen timeout
have you tried clearing your cache? as far as clearing cache its a component that improves performance by transparently storing data. i have a history eraser to delete everything at once for me thus clearing up room and keeping phone from clogging up and lagging, etc. its a free app and easy to use. to download it on your phone go to market>apps>search>history eraser>HistoryEraser DUMAPIC (should be the first one listed)>tap on it>download>now once its downloaded open it and tap bomb>depending on how much you use the web browser,call people,search market histories,use navigation and maps,etc. is how often you need to clear your data. i do so about every two hours. you could also try hard resetting your phone. this would erase everything to the way you when you first got your phone out of the store so i t recommend it as a last resort choice. there is a website posted below with the information on how to quickly and easily do this.
Droid 2: Hard Reset | Technipages
"

originally posted on:
Music Player Stops about 1-2 min after screen times out. - Verizon Wireless Community

Rocket Pak

Reaction score
If you have the 32gb sandisk card that's your problem. This phone though it supports it gets a little wierd when that card is in it. Mine was doing the same thing and a few other issued till I switched back to my 16gb.