Music problems, freezing, overlapping sounds, crashing

asmaria

Reaction score
I haven't had problems until the past week. I have both both the music player and Pandora on my phone, as well as an app for internet radio called TuneIn Radio.

But they were working fine until I started adding MP3s to my phone!

Now, when I am listening to Pandora, playing a game, using any kind of app or doing nothing at all, my MP3s will start playing at random. It's like the music player is determined, against all odds, to play those darn files. It will overlap the music from other programs, or make pandora flicker between pause and play, or stop playing all together when the screen is asleep. Sometimes the program seems to vanish from the top dropdown menu, but I don't think it crashes completely because if I reopen it then it picks up right where it left off.

I have also noticed a problem when I plug in my headphones, it starts up the music player and sometimes kills my network connection. If the phone was plugged into the charger, it drops the connection to the electricity and tells me to unplug it to conserve energy, whatever that is supposed to mean.

This is all very frustrating, and I thought that it might have been another app I installed causing it, but I do think that the music player is the culprit! What should I do?