Problem streaming audio

zoobcool

Reaction score
Droid2, Unrooted

I am having problems trying to stream Shoutcast from WinAmp and also podcasts on Google Reader. Whenever I select a station or a podcast, it tries to connect and then it brings a pop up screen saying that it "Failed to play the requested stream." Is there anything that can be done? I tried reinstalling the apps and still nothing. I can use TuneIn Radio no problem and Google Listen works as well. Also, WinAmp works as my music player, so problems with the player itself, just Shoutcast. I would like to have Shoutcast work so that I could use that instead. Any suggestions?

TooClose

Reaction score
Hi there. I was actually having this same issue a couple of days ago. For whatever reason I had to turn off my battery saver mode to stream audio or video. Once it began working I turned my battery saver mode back on and it seems to be working fine now. Hope this helps with your issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

myautodj

Reaction score
Same problem I had, my provider (Sprint) only allowed streaming audio & video when phone is connected to WiFi or 4G -- when only 3G was on it wouldn't work -- there was a easy fix,

This is for my Evo, your phone may have a different way to access ...

0) Call Sprint and ask them for the MSL (they should not give any problems,I had no problems getting mine - $100/m they better give it up! )
1) Dial ##3282#
2) Choose Multimedia (very bottom)
3) Enter MSL
4) Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0
5) Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0