Music Player resets

Reaction score
I listen to audio books on my phone and the tracks can be very long (over an hour). Unfortunately, the Samsung music player restarts the track after I've had the phone on idle for an unknown amount of time. So rather than find where I was on the track each time, I'm just using winamp. I would prefer to use the stock app, though, because my headphones have play/pause button that only seems to work with the stock app. Is there a way to keep the music player from restarting the track, or can I map the buttons on my headphones to Winamp? Any help is appreciated.

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
Dang, I was hoping someone would have an idea. I seem to recall an app that would keep apps open no matter what. I'm thinking that might be the answer because I really would like to use the controls on my headphones.

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
Actually, I see in advanced task killer that there's an "ignore" option. Maybe that will do the trick. Testing!

OP
blazingdisciple
Reaction score
Boo...nothing works. Stupid audio player. The Rezound music player would hold my place forever...even after restarts.

Mookie

Reaction score
I do it by using a second audio player. I use the factory media player for music and gmusic for podcasts.

Vasiliy.zhukov

Reaction score
I listen to audio books on my phone and the tracks can be very long (over an hour). Unfortunately, the Samsung music player restarts the track after I've had the phone on idle for an unknown amount of time. So rather than find where I was on the track each time, I'm just using winamp. I would prefer to use the stock app, though, because my headphones have play/pause button that only seems to work with the stock app. Is there a way to keep the music player from restarting the track, or can I map the buttons on my headphones to Winamp? Any help is appreciated.

Hi! There is a better way!
Try to use Astro Player! It always remember the place you stopped for each file and also have bookmarks. I use it for audiobooks and podcasts and it seems to be the best for now!