Music played through BT skips

phatkat66

Reaction score
I have a jawbone ICON and alot of times (starting to happen more and more often) the music while playing starts to skip really bad and begins to lag. Kind of the way cds use to skip/pause when it was hit during playback. I thought it was an issue with the way I was holding it but my phone is just sitting on the desk while im right next to it not touching it at all. Im even charging it.

Can someone help with a remedy for this? Its starting to become EXTREMELY troublesome, not one song is playing correctly and im sure its not the file because every song in my library is doing this.

Thanks.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
yeah idk whats going on but when i press to skip the track it'll start the next track fresh again but a few minutes later start doing the same thing. Its a pain in the ears...

chikibabe

Reaction score
I don't have a response for you but i was just wondering how you are setting up your bluetooth to be able to listen to music in the first place? Is that something only certain bluetooth earpieces are equipped w/?? Are you using an app in the market? I just have a Samsung bluetooth earpiece and wants to see how this would work...thanks!

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
its a feature with certain BT its called A2DP, if you check out jawbone.com the site talks about it. It just syncs the music to stream to your BT so you can hear it. No additional apps required (although its considered an app to the BT itself)

Pravius

Reaction score
I am not sure how he is doing it but a ton of newer vehicles are coming with Bluetooth enabled stereo systems where you just pair a device to your car radio and you can talk/listen to music etc through the speakers on your car. I have a newer Ford Escape that has this, it's called Sync.

EDIT:

OP isn't there a way to just stream the music to go to blue tooth without having to have an app? I imagine that could cause a delay... if you just set your output to blue tooth and let the music come to whichever BT device you have?

Last edited:
OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I am not sure how he is doing it but a ton of newer vehicles are coming with Bluetooth enabled stereo systems where you just pair a device to your car radio and you can talk/listen to music etc through the speakers on your car. I have a newer Ford Escape that has this, it's called Sync.

EDIT:

OP isn't there a way to just stream the music to go to blue tooth without having to have an app? I imagine that could cause a delay... if you just set your output to blue tooth and let the music come to whichever BT device you have?

Its not an app for droid, jawbone considers its A2DP feature as an "app" because the BT has FW updates and can install different features. And other BT i've tried, the sound wont just stream to the BT it'll come out of the speaker.

Pravius

Reaction score

EDIT:

Its not an app for droid, jawbone considers its A2DP feature as an "app" because the BT has FW updates and can install different features. And other BT i've tried, the sound wont just stream to the BT it'll come out of the speaker.

wow so that really sucks. So you are saying it will not output to a bluetooth device like sync?

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
I wouldn't know, im not very familiar with other BT and the others I tried were old ones I had just laying around the house.

healdkw

Reaction score
I actually just bought a new Grand Cherokee and it supports playing music from my Droid through the car's stereo/speakers. Actually stumbled upon on accident, and I didn't have to do anything else separate to my Droid to make it happen (outside of pairing my phone to the car). I can now pause and skip music from the stereo if choose.

My only compliant so far is the music can sound somewhat "tinny" at times. I played the same track through AUX and via the car's hard drive and the bluetooth audio is simply not as good. Not sure if this is a A2DP limitation, Droid, or my car.

Still...a pretty cool option either way.