Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Like I said, I haven't had the skipping issue, but my I'm Feeling Lucky widget has done me well too. No worse than usual.

Maybe you're onto something with the server issue & only some users were affected...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I haven't had the skipping issue, but my I'm Feeling Lucky widget has done me well too. No worse than usual.

Maybe you're onto something with the server issue & only some users were affected...

That's as plausible as anything else, he'll even more so at this point. It's so random that I'm hoping it is a server issue. Get your self together Google.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They broke Google in the 7.1 beta. Always listening toggles itself back off within seconds of me turning it on.

Thank God for my Watch Urbane.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Quick update, I discovered it I simply press play on my Bluetooth adapter after the next song had started playing but giving no sound the sound will suddenly start again... I'm starting to think this is a Bluetooth issue not a play music issue.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just had this issue for the first time the other day! I only listened to a couple of songs before I got to where I was going, but I totally had to skip what should've been the second song because there was no sound playing. Skipped it and the next song played just fine.

I couldn't find this post to report on it. That happened on Sunday evening.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have not listened to streaming music in a while. I have so much downloaded already, I've been using shuffle all for a while. I will try to listen to some Play Music stations and see if it still happens for me also.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Haven't had this happen yet.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nope definitely the music app, just disconnected my BT device and waited for the song to end, did the same thing... Pressed the pause button and it basically reloaded the song and started playing... Gotta be a bug somewhere in the code with downloading and caching the music...

I was thinking it might be related to the chrome cast to Google cast switch causing problems. Still really frustrating, a restart fixes it, but restarting 3 times a day is getting really effing old.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have been listening to a lot of steaming music via Play Music -Stations the past few days. Have not had any songs skip completely, but have had a lot of tiny little pauses & skips. When I switch to Downloaded Only music it doesn't happen. I am downloading the new Play Music app now and it's completely redesigned so maybe the issue will be fixed?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
New UI is horrible.