Car aux input issue when listening to music on my Bionic

motoyuk

Reaction score
Hopefully someone else has experienced this and has found a fix. I've got a Saab 9-3 and while using the radio's aux input with my Droid Bionic I lose sound through the car speakers when skipping between songs. This appears to happen when playing music on the cloud and when I've got a slow connection switching between songs. It happens with Google Play, Amazon MP3, Slacker, etc. It's as if the phone stops sending a single through the headphone output and defaults to the Bionic speaker. I then have to unplug the cord from the aux. input (which pauses the music and changes my car radio setting to FM), plug the cord back in and click play. It doesn't happen between every song, but it does happen 1 in 4 times which can be annoying on a 1.5 hour commute. Any help would be much appreciated!

I hope this isn't a Saab "feature"...

Thanks,
Motoyuk
Droid Bionic (replacement #4)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use my Nexus and my aux cable in both my cars frequently and never ran into this issue, then again neither of my cars have native AUX input. Does this happen to you when you play music that's actually on your device or just from the cloud? Maybe try testing that out if you don't have music on your Bionic.

Considering that your car switches back to FM without an AUX signal going through it might just be a Saab "feature". As it does sound like it's computer related, you may be able to bypass it somehow, any local car audio shops around you?

OP
M

motoyuk

Reaction score
dezymond - thanks for the response. No it doesn't happen when playing music on the device, only occurs when streaming. I'm thinking it's a Saab "feature" as well, but was hoping that someone knew of a program that would force the headphone jack to stay active until some other action occurs (i.e. closing the music program). It's like the car recognizes when the phone is no longer sending sound via the aux input, is this possible? Is there a signal/data being passed from the phone via the aux input other than sound?

Thank!
Motoyuk