Static when listening to music in car

silvereagle1988

Reaction score
I was using the headphone jack and using a cable to the aux input jack in my car. I connected the phone to the car charger and plugged it into the cigarette lighter/aux charger input. Whenever I was listening to Pandora or music from SD card while the car was running I was getting static and general noises from the car engine. If I unhooked the car charger the noise would go away but when plugged back in the noise would return.

I went to my local Verizon store and they said that Verizon did not have a filter for this problem.

I went to Radio Shack and they have a product that costs about $3 to cure this problem. It is called a "Snap choke Core". It is a little piece of plastic that snaps over your car charger cable. Two come in a package. Two were needed on one car charger cable. There is no rewiring or anything... just a simple snap of plastic.

It helps prevent electric magnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI). It snaps over the coax, audio or AC Cord.

I got a18x29 5x5 5mm ferrite core.

The Radio Shack bar code is 0 40293 64760 6

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It's because you are causig an electrical interference. I believe. I'm sure someone else has a better suggestion, but I would just always charge them before I left, VZW and Motorola never seemed to get a long on this issuel

mdsco

Reaction score
Also i read somewhere that the razr phones were having static when plugged into a speaker the solution seems to be to shut off the surround sound feature in settings.