Multiple HTC Incredible problems. Please help!

Ehlywa

Reaction score
I am new to this forum so hello to all! Whenever i have Droid issues google seems to always lead me here.

I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2, This is now my 4th incredible I have received due to multiple problems.

On my first 3 phones the problem was the same. The device would randomly shut off and then re-boot, only to shut back off and re-boot again upon completion. Doing a battery pull did nothing, and the only way to get it to work was to manually shut it down with the bootloader menu..wait a few hours then start it back up again..pretty frustrating day in and day out.

After just receiving my 4th phone yesterday all was well at first. I was on the phone with a full battery charge and the phone randomly shut off and the LED light flashed red and would not allow me to charge it (tried multiple variations including computer..other charger..different outlet). I took the phone right to the Verzion store where they gave me a new battery. Everything was running perfectly until it just happened again. I cant turn the phone on at all and it will not charge whatsoever.

My overall satisfaction with this phone is slim to none as I have had ongoing problems that never seem to get fixed. I am only 1 year along in my contract so I am not available to upgrade until next March!

PLEASE HELP!! Thank you

smtom

Reaction score
New SD card? FAT32 format?
How did you root? UnrEVOked? Latest version?
Is device 100% stock ROM?
Have you tried uninstalling apps until the issue goes away, or does it happen after downloading and installing apps?
Are you restoring apps or data from another device or ROM?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
E

Ehlywa

Reaction score
I have the same SD card in that came with the phone and it has barely anything stored on it.. the device is 100% stock and it currently has no apps installed on in..originally the problem happened only after updating apps but that was a quick fix..now its happening on its own without anything installed onto the phone. As of now the phone has been off for three hours and the LED light is still blinking red and i am unable to turn it on or charge it at all. I havent restored any apps or data from another device or ROM..i have kept my downloading to a minimum due to this exact reason..trying to eliminate problems one by one..and Im no genius with these things but i can't figure out..and all Verizon's Tech people have done is give me a new battery(which did not help). I have 4 recorded service appointments and have been on the phone with a National Service Techinician who has no sort of explanation

smtom

Reaction score
Wow, stumped on this one.
Same computer used to root all devices?
Tried a different SD?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
E

Ehlywa

Reaction score
yes same computer used to root all devices..and i guess i can give another SD a try..thats the one thing i have yet to do..its very frustrating at this point.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the device is still 100% stock, try a factory reset and go through configure your phone again. Don't restore any apps just yet. Just let it run and see if you're still having issues.

Pineapple95

Reaction score
Your phone is not stock. Its rooted. Slightly different. First thing I'd do is return the phone to stock condition and see if the problem disappears. Also try a different memory card. Because something on your end is causing the problem, either the rooting process or the memory card. There's no way you got 4 phones with the same glitch.