Incredible keeps shutting down randomly

hepcat25

Reaction score
In the past two weeks my Incredible has started freezing/shutting down randomly. I usually have to remove the battery to re-boot. Today it is doing it after just a few minutes of use. I've uninstalled the task killer app that was installed several weeks ago, but did not help. I haven't installed any new applications that would coincide with this problem starting. Any ideas? Is it just a defective phone that I should go to Verizon store to exchange?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First question- are you rooted? Second question- have you been using any apps/ games like Angry Birds? They can cause serious overheating. Good call on uninstalling the task killer- it's not needed for any Android phone.

If you can't find a specific app and the phone is just freezing on its own then it sounds like you should call or visit Verizon.

Bowtie

Reaction score
My DINC did the same thing right after I bought it, lived with it for about a week or so and then exchanged it for a new one and never had the problem again.

SharpGT500

Reaction score
A friend had to get a replacement phone, it did the same thing so he had to send it back and get another replacement to fix it.