MR2 is here OTA

bluevolume

Reaction score
Just finished the automatic install of MR2, OTA from verizon. All I noticed so far is that the shortcut keys stay on when the screen is on. Nice!

Hang in there friends, big V finally actually gave us something.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Hello Droid

Reaction score
Gps works fine. Sync is working and updating as designed.

One issue that was not fixed is when listening to music through my headphones, it is still interrupted when I receive a new email. The player stops i have to start the song back up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

MKKH10

Reaction score
Just finished downloading mine as well!

MKKH10

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same about the signal strength!

SBacklin

Reaction score
I agree with the signal strength issue as well. It was NOT fixed in this update which just irritates the hell out of me. I have the -db screen up as well and it fluctuates wildly just as the signal bars do. Reception on this phone is for the damn birds.

macmhood

Reaction score
I have a new icon in the notification bar, it is a square/diamond w/ a + in it with the a signal icon beside the 3g. I have searched some icons and can not find this. Can someone please tell me what this is? Thank you in advance and I apologize if I did not dig deep enough.

SBacklin

Reaction score
I have a new icon in the notification bar, it is a square/diamond w/ a + in it with the a signal icon beside the 3g. I have searched some icons and can not find this. Can someone please tell me what this is? Thank you in advance and I apologize if I did not dig deep enough.
GPS icon. It means location services on are. Its just like the feature phones when its E911 only or location services are on as well.

macmhood

Reaction score
Thank You for the help!

GPS icon. It means location services on are. Its just like the feature phones when its E911 only or location services are on as well.

SBacklin

Reaction score
Thank You for the help!

No problem. I was surprised by your question though, lol. That icon has been in use for years on phones. I'm glad I could help though. =)

OP
B

bluevolume

Reaction score
Signal issue was still not fixed with this update!
Yes it bugs the s*** outa me too

They may not have fixed it completely, but they DEFINITELY made changes to it. I've taken a half dozen signal strength readings today, going against numbers I have seen before, and the signal is 10 to 20 points better. This jives with the speedtest results that I am getting. (Co-workers Incredible said it has 15+ better db signal than mine, yet I would get faster speedtest scores. Now my numbers reflect the speed correctly).

Perfect? Probably not. Better, YES!

JollyRoger

Reaction score
The signal strength improvements will not be introdcued until 2.2 comes out. I was hoping it wasgoing to be included in the maintenance update, but it was not. Still, with Samsung rolling out 2.2 on a US carrier today, albeit a different phone, I'm optimistic it will be on the Fascinates in the US soon enough.

miket81

Reaction score
Been trying to download this for the past 30 minutes and it is stuck at 1%. Anyone know how I can force this to stop downloading for now? I've tried everything I can think of to force quit it besides powering off my phone and nothing is working.