MR2 Update

alboboy10

Reaction score
What exactly is mr2. Is it an update for the phone a lot of people are mentioning gingerbread?
you can get a rom if u download this right?

Where can we find the link to download it.

Technoman

Reaction score
What exactly is mr2. Is it an update for the phone a lot of people are mentioning gingerbread?
you can get a rom if u download this right?

Where can we find the link to download it.

It is not Gingerbread... but it is the maintenance release 2 that will be coming to all users soon. The link is towards the first post in this thread.

There are 3 different downloads... the first one is for people who are NOT rooted. Do not get this one if you are rooted. Follow the instructions and it is pretty easy.

zenman77

Reaction score
I unrooted back to stock and ran the mr2 update and my phone has'nt rebooted since although now, I'd like to return to rooted once again but not sure how to do it with the mr2.

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I unrooted back to stock and ran the mr2 update and my phone has'nt rebooted since although now, I'd like to return to rooted once again but not sure how to do it with the mr2.

This is my question too.. I have not yet rooted but wold rather have this update with root verses have root with the random reboots and slow gps...

cawasha

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if its the hotspot app. Cuz when I use it I get random reboots as well.

sent from droidforums app

I installed the stock ruu last night and had my first and hopefully last reboot this morning. All I did was open the stock browser to do a Google search and it rebooted. I've not even used the hotspot app on this phone yet...

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

exmeaguy

Reaction score
Well this MR2 install is starting to sound discouraging. If a few of you installed and are already having reboots then it is clearly not fixed. If anything, it sounds like it may have improved the reboot issue, just not solved it completely.

OP
Filosophic1

Filosophic1

Reaction score
It's been 24 hours now since my last reboot. I have been using the mobile hotspot for the last 4 hours now, with no signs of any issues. If this keeps up, it may be that the reboot I experienced yesterday after the MR2 update was just a fluke.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this is the first reboot I have heard of on the mr2...that is not rom related. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Also, just to clear up a bit of confusion.

If you were rooted, and flashed the MR2 after removing root...and are now on a stock/unrooted MR2 froyo rom...to get root...you will have to flash back to mr1 downgrade, root, then flash back to a rooted mr2 in the link in the OP. The FULL RUU signed is for users that are not rooted. There were 2 more links in the bottom that will take you to the rooted MR2.

OR

if you ARE rooted...and want to flash a rom that is compatible with MR2, most rom threads contain a link to the rooted mr2 radios. but if you DONT have it...here it is. PG05IMG.zip

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
I flashed the MR2 the day it came out, and have not had a single reboot. My only issue is the the gps still takes way to long to lock. Other than that the phone is now great again. By the way I have traveled to Abq N.M. and back to Houston having to shut the phone down several times during the flights and other things, the phone has worked flawlessly other than the gps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dark juggalo

Reaction score
I flashed MR2 36 hours ago.....no reboots yet and GPS locked on faster than before and more accurate.

OP
Filosophic1

Filosophic1

Reaction score
Update: Had one reboot after installing the MR2, just considered it a fluke. Went almost 48 hours without a reboot, have not loaded any new apps, and then all of a sudden yesterday evening, my phone started rebooting. 5 times now in the past 12 hours. Once while I was on mobile hotspot, once just from unlocking it, another time when I went to use the internet, and then today again twice while using mobile hotspot.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those who are experiencing reboots with mr2 wait until your receive the official update from Vzw or wait for mr2 to been released officially before getting frustrated with Vzw and demanding a new device or an exchange.

sent from droidforums app

yniloc

Reaction score
I am not rooted and have updated to the MR2 RUU using the method outlined in the instructions. Also did a factory reset after it was done updating. Crossing my fingers, but thus far, my uptime is 86 hours. I have been using a tether program and it is far less hot than it was before. I also make sure that it doesn't sync unnecessarily (I only sync with google and weather, not facebook, twitter, etc).

Prior to the update, I was receiving reboots about 4 times a day and even more if i tethered. Phone would even update while charging at night.

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
I'm waiting for MR2 to come OTA. I am not plagued by multiple random reboots a day, just one here and there...NBD. Any idea when this update is going to be available? I just checked and nada...