Reboot fix has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
I did the new Maintenance Release update at noon Central Time. So far no problems, no reboots. Also the MR2 has a 3g/4g switch in your "wireless & networks" part of your settings. They also added a "My Verizon" that actually works, GPS still takes a long time to lock on. I will post an update later, or if an issues (REBOOTS) pop up.

ANDROID CENTRAL announced
The HTC Thunderbolt MR2 release, rumored for a rollout around or after June 15, has been leaked and is now available for download in both an unaltered version as well as a few custom ROMs. We figured when the MR2 radio leaked out a while back that we would soon be seeing this one. Some of the highlights include better signal strength, a 3G/4G toggle setting, and help with those random reboots many users have been seeing.We can't be 100 percent positive this is the final MR2 release (and we've seen a previous leak bork things up a bit), but it's signed with release keys and certainly looks official. If you feel the urge (and we don't blame ya!), hit the source link, heed the warnings, and give it a try.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM ANDROID POLICE

From Chingy and TeamAndIRC comes Maintenance Release 2 for the HTC Thunderbolt. The OTA update should be hitting stock phones on June 15th, but we’re giving it to you early.
The major improvements brought about by MR2:

• Fixes random reboots
  • Improves GPS locking
  • Improves signal strength
  • Add 3G/LTE toggle in settings
  • And more… (we don’t have an official changelog yet, unfortunately)
Un-rooted Stock MR2 Update

First up, the full, signed RUU. (This is NOT the same as a simple OTA – it is a full "image" of a phone running the new MR2 update) This is for you developers or stock users who wish to get the update early. Be warned, however, as this will wipe data if installed. Also, installing this over a rooted phone WILL brick it.
*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*Instructions:

1. Download the file below, and re-name it to (without quotes) "PG05IMG.zip"
  2. Place PG05IMG.zip on the root directory of your SD card
  3. Turn off your Thunderbolt
  4. Holding Volume Down and then Power simultaneously, wait until the phone boots into the bootloader – it should begin flashing the update immediately.
  5. Wait, up to several minutes, for your device to reboot.
Download Stock MR2 RUU: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! – 1239f430324f4fb3249ba3dfd3704ad7 – DO NOT INSTALL ON A ROOTED PHONE

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This has already been posted for a day. On perfect storm 1.5 brightness is way too low, browser hangs up loading a page, Skype is listed but not included..the video Skype mod app doesn't work...still no netflix...softkeys backlight doesn't work.

I've gone back to thunderrom with the combo radio and don't have reboots and all of the above works. Except netflix

Can't comment on nonrooted ruu

ridin the lightning

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Reaction score
I was wondering about this....good to know its not worth switching yet. I will wait for BAMF REMIX

thunder out

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. Chingy has flatout ignored requests or posts from users with the same issues.

Some people like the dim brightness setting but I couldn't bear it...and it really was a strain to see it.

I'm waiting for new releases too. I'm hoping bamf gb gets all the stuff fixed. It's already pretty stable but I'm patient

ridin the lightning

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Yeah. Chingy has flatout ignored requests or posts from users with the same issues.

Some people like the dim brightness setting but I couldn't bear it...and it really was a strain to see it.

I'm waiting for new releases too. I'm hoping bamf gb gets all the stuff fixed. It's already pretty stable but I'm patient

ridin the lightning

I'm with ya on that one, after having my D1 stable for so long, all the issues with some ROMS on the TB I just don't have the patience to deal with em anymore!

thunder out

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
9.5 hrs of running the MR2 non-rooted. No reboots, no issues thus far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Technoman

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the comments on the link page on Droid Life in regards to the market?

Is there issues with this leak and the Market not showing all of the APP's correctly, and showing the OLD OLD market?

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
I've been so happy that I have not had any reboots for over 12hrs now, I did notice that YES it is the old market, but all the app's I saved on AppMonster are working with no problem. I can live with the old market over the reboots anytime.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
If I install this on non rooted, will I be able to install the ota one? Or is this the exact one as ota?

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt !

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the full ruu includes radios and Rom. The ota will be just a patch. Same as the ota that will push.

ridin the lightning

motty69

Reaction score
Any apps added or removed from this rom? Any changes to the Sense UI? Basically, is there any reason to flash this other than not being able to wait on the OTA. I'd just as soon not wipe my phone for a new radio.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u don't have reboots then just wait. Wiping and restoring is not difficult though.

ridin the lightning

motty69

Reaction score
You're right, it's not a big deal. I am still having occasional reboots, but they aren't that big a deal. It always takes me a bit to get my phone just the way I want it, so I'll probably just wait for the OTA if the full install doesn't offer anything the patch doesn't. Have a feeling it will roll out soon.

I did download the file though, so as soon as I get a reboot at the wrong time that pisses me off, I always have that option. :p

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're right, it's not a big deal. I am still having occasional reboots, but they aren't that big a deal. It always takes me a bit to get my phone just the way I want it, so I'll probably just wait for the OTA if the full install doesn't offer anything the patch doesn't. Have a feeling it will roll out soon.

I did download the file though, so as soon as I get a reboot at the wrong time that pisses me off, I always have that option. :p

Lol that last part cracked me up.

ridin the lightning

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
I've been so happy that I have not had any reboots for over 12hrs now, I did notice that YES it is the old market, but all the app's I saved on AppMonster are working with no problem. I can live with the old market over the reboots anytime.

Really? My market updated ..maybe because I was on WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.