movies

Newton122189

Reaction score
Connect the xoom to your computer and copy over the files, windows is preferred because Mac OS X hassles you with some transfer program

Infiniti87

Reaction score
So the videos don't need to be converted to a special format or anything? If I was to download a digital copy that some blu-rays come with I can just transfer it straight to the zoom?

rustymcbain

Reaction score
I use a paid program Catalyst. It will cut down to save space of so is desired. If you plan on outputting through the hdmi then it can transfer a full size file. The developers update constantly to keep up with copyright protection which hassles you. I AM NOT PROMOTING PIRACY. but to take dvds and bluray to android you need ripping software.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I was talking about the digital copies that are included with some blu-rays inside the case when u buy them. No ripping or piracy needed.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
PLAYABLE FORMATS
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, ACC+ Enhanced, OGG, MIDI, AMR NB, AAC+

Thats all it will play. Will have to convert unless you have it in this format.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I was talking about the digital copies that are included with some blu-rays inside the case when u buy them. No ripping or piracy needed.

I highly doubt they will work.....Never have on my D1, DI or X

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
iTunes digital copy files will work, but, you must strip the protection. Search for a website called Hymn and you'll find info on how to go about that. It's not very straightforward to do, but, I've got Dark Knight sitting on my Xoom right now and it works perfectly fine. But it will NOT work without first removing the fairplay protection.

Newton122189

Reaction score
I DO NOT CONDONE PIRACY

check out a program called handbrake and a DVD decryption service, I used dvd43

It will let you make your own digital copies but for gods sake personal use only cuz there are major legal ramifications for illegal redistribution of DVDs

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, I think it should be obvious that we're talking about putting stuff you actually OWN on your Xoom, but, just in case it's not, I also do not condone piracy in any way. I will say this, however, being able to have my digital copies on my Xoom is truly AWESOME! Plus I have TV show recordings that I'll be able to put on here now, too. What an awesome device!

ruinah

Reaction score
Yea, I think it should be obvious that we're talking about putting stuff you actually OWN on your Xoom, but, just in case it's not, I also do not condone piracy in any way. I will say this, however, being able to have my digital copies on my Xoom is truly AWESOME! Plus I have TV show recordings that I'll be able to put on here now, too. What an awesome device!

have you all actually tried playing videos on the xoom? I haven't had a single video work yet. I mostly encode divx from dvd as 700mb files are a lot easier on the storage but none of them work. I am encoding one now to see if I can chop it down and try to fit the format they want but I'm disappointed. I tried rockplayer, basically force closed every video on me. Gallery played like 2 videos but they were not only choppy they had no sound.

I don't mind converting stuff but I need to find the right format.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
have you all actually tried playing videos on the xoom? I haven't had a single video work yet. I mostly encode divx from dvd as 700mb files are a lot easier on the storage but none of them work. I am encoding one now to see if I can chop it down and try to fit the format they want but I'm disappointed. I tried rockplayer, basically force closed every video on me. Gallery played like 2 videos but they were not only choppy they had no sound.

I don't mind converting stuff but I need to find the right format.

Yup. I'm using my iTunes digital copies, as I mentioned before. They play perfectly. I think the Xoom is picking the AAC audio track. They contain both AC3 and AAC audio. The video is h.264 and I'm using an mp4 container. I have a profile very similar to Apple's specs for their iTunes digital copies that I use in handbrake, but, I have NOT yet tried one of those to see if it works. Nonetheless, most of the movies I'd want to watch on the Xoom are going to be my iTunes digital copies. And so far, they work great.