Xoom questions

android anthony

Reaction score
Hey all, just got the xoom and have a few little questions!

I bought my xoom without a contract, is there a way I can still by apps?

What fromat do movies have to be in, and I can't find the ones I put on here, where are the movies?

I rooted my xoom, and I'm wondering what other benifit is there other then being able to tether?

Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
definitely, apps aren't required to have a contract, as proven by my wifi xoom :)

as for video: Below are all the video formats supported by Motorola Xoom:
H.264, H.263, MPEG-4, MP3, AAC, ACC+ Enhanced, OGG, MIDI, AMR NB, AAC+
(Google is your friend :)) I personally convert all my videos to .mp4, as it's the most supported format by pretty much all hardware.

Tethering is arguably the number one benefit gained when rooting. You could flash roms, overclock, run root only apps, and many other things.

I actually recommend you check out the sister forum: Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The xoom has built in tethering capabilities. Rooting it, as of now, enable you to overclock and to have USB hosting. More benefits will be coming once source is released

mistymarie50

Reaction score
I just bought the xoom and so I love it. I wanted to put dvd I had on it and after a LOT of research. I downloaded the DVD Catalyst 4 from Tools4movies.com for $10 and it works awesome

dffan8817

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum. MP4 is the format I use. Takes longer to convert from say, an AVI, but worth it. I use the Xoom default player and also use QQplayer and Rockplayer.