Movie Studio App

JEchoff

Reaction score
Hey, I'm debating getting a Xoom or iPad 2, and one of the apps that was persuading me towards the iPad is iMovie. I know Honeycomb comes with Movie Studio for free though, but I haven't seen any good reviews of Movie Studio. If you have a Xoom, how well is Movie Studio for doing light video editing and creation? And how does it compare to desktop clients such as iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker?

Thanks!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I have only scratched the surface of my MXoom movie editor but so far I'm impressed. The control is, by way of UI, very nice and smooth.I'll update further as I play with it. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Raptor007

Reaction score
@JEchoff are you planning on editing video you took with the tablet or video you transferred to it for editing on the go? The reason I ask is from what I have read so far the iPad2 cameras are low quality, not a big shocker.

I was ready for iPad2 since I can get one for free through our corp rewards program, but I am leaning more towards the XOOM, I would prefer a WiFi only version but when is it coming out.

OP
J

JEchoff

Reaction score
Yeah I realize the iPad's cameras are really low quality. I'm planning on getting a nice camera for college, but for like three months I would be using the devices cameras. The Xoom seems to have the better cameras, so that's definitely a nice advantage. I'm switching daily between the devices though, ha.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Its tough to say, I can get an iPad 1G for free from my corp rewards program (don't care about the cameras on ipad2) and was going to sell it for a XOOM, but I really want a WiFi only version.

I just like the options the dev community will put out, the cameras are nice an overall we will see lots of apps start to appear. The only question I have is if you get a xoom off contract or Wi-Fi only how do you get an extended warranty on it?

I definitely see the interest in photo and video editing and I see more power apps coming for the xoom in time. I mean its Googles "first" real tablet OS device.