Motorola Tweet Confirms Summer Release for Droid Bionic

icemang

Reaction score
I've had an upgrade available since April waiting for this... guess I'll keep waiting. Damn I hope that tweet's not just a smokescreen.

QiG

Reaction score
I have tweaked, ROM'd, overclocked, ran scripts, themed, and blah blah blah'd my D1 to death. SS 5.4 breathed a little new life into it, but dang.... 256MB of RAM? I NEED a new phone. Okay, not need.... want. Still, I really really WANT a new phone. The Bionic will be that phone.

This man speaks the truth. I love my D1 and it has held up amazingly with all the community support, but it is time for it to move on to greener pastures and let some new blood step in. With my upgrade on the horizon, my trigger finger is feeling awfully itchy with the rumors of the sII coming out late july and nothing official on the D3/Bionic except a three month timeframe and possibly less RAM.

sslbaron

Reaction score
Yeah, I got sick of waiting too. I am sporting a new Thunderbolt myself. Had it for a week, and I have no regrets. Anyone waiting on the fence go for the Thunderbolt. It isn't a bad phone at all. Just my $.02 :)

XnTriumph

Reaction score
Big Screen

I think I've heard of another 4.5 inch screen. It was a Samsung... something. If they are both on the same network it would be a good debate for a user on which they would get. If you were looking in terms of screen size. :greendroid:

King_Bean

Reaction score
i really hope it's not 4.5". otherwise, it's not even in the running anymore for me. 4.3" is the max i would go unless the phone is basically just the whole screen.

Yeah, since that .2 inches makes such a difference. Seriously?

I played around with the Infuse (which has a 4.5" screen) and it didn't seem any bigger than the Evo to me.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
come out already! my droid finally started going "possessed" today and there's nothing i can do to fix it...hope the bionic will come out soon so i can upgrade

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rumor is the IPhone 5 coming at the same time... 4.0 for the IPhone 5 with Android style notifications.

Anyone tempted?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
4" iPhone? Well they did finally go to more carriers, I can see this happening too.

Not interested tho.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reason I ask is my wife got an IPhone recently and it doesn't have the Android battery problems and it IS easier to use.

No widgets is the major downside...

Donsell

Reaction score
Reason I ask is my wife got an IPhone recently and it doesn't have the Android battery problems and it IS easier to use.

No widgets is the major downside...

It's easier to use because Apple tells you how you have to use it. I'd rather be able to customize to the experience I want. Takes some work, but in the long run it's better for me.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My girl friend has held my Droid X1 hostage for going on 3 months. These are her words:

"I love this phone!, I gotta get me an Android phone!, I gotta get me a Motorola!"

This is what she loves so much about my phone:

Swype, GPS, Youtube app, music player, internet.

If the iPhone is easier to use than that.....it is really an amazing phone.

It all depends on what you do on your phone. Android can be as simple or as complex as you want. She doesnt even go on the Market. She only plays the games I put on there. If she wants any more she asks me to do it. I could tell her how but....she uses the camera from time to time. She knows how to use GMail thru my phone.

She doesnt know what a launcher is, she does know how to change ring tones, I think. I think she did that thru PowerAMP. She accidentally set a wallpaper on the phone browsing the internet. She just asks me to remove it. She has no idea what a widget is.

She does/did want an iPhone. Based on plan prices she will either go to Sprint or T Mobile. And I didnt try to talk her out of it. I just explained some things about the plan prices of the major carriers. She decided Sprint or T Mobile is her best choice.

Its like what happened when my 11 y.o. girl saw an iPhone commercial a few months ago: "Mommy, you need to get an iPhone. You can read books on it." I just said very plainly: "I can do that on my phone too" She was like Really? That was the last time my daughter even mentioned anything about anyone needing to get an iPhone. I think my kids knew about Android before knowing about the iPhone. My daughter said they be talking about phones in school so she mighta already knew about the iPhone before that commercial. My kids love my Droid X1 too. My Droid 1 also.

Its all about how you use your phone, what you do on your phone.