Motorola Droid X makes debut on VerizonWireless.com

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
moto-droidx-61710.jpg

Today, the newest Verizon Droid, the Motorola Droid X becomes a bit more official with an appearance on VerizonWireless.com. A quick scroll of the mouse over the Droid X and we get a few specs including a 4.3" Display, HDMI Output, and a 720P Screen. The official launch event is scheduled for June 23, so stay tuned!

You can sign with Verizon Wireless to get all the details when they are available here: Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless or keep checking Droid Forums!

phatkat66

Reaction score
Wish they would make up their mind. When was the resolution 720p? I thought that was just the HD camera.... and edgadget said it was a confirmed 4.4'' screen not 4.3....

either way.... Im excited for this phone.

J

JohnDroid

I'm excited, I want one as well. I was hoping they'd let you pre-order right there but not yet.

Reaction score
Anyone else notice "3G Mobile Hotspot". Combined with the "Froyo" Tip man in other screenshots, I smell 2.2 dancedroid Not a fan of no-keyboard phones, but this is a pretty hot phone.

Reaction score
Anyone else notice "3G Mobile Hotspot". Combined with the "Froyo" Tip man in other screenshots, I smell 2.2 dancedroid Not a fan of no-keyboard phones, but this is a pretty hot phone.

someone who tested the phone or what not said

Right now the latest firmware is based on Android 2.1-update1. However, it does have WiFi hotspot capability as a preload.

so maybe they took somethings from 2.2 and put it into 2.1 as stated earlier.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
this phone looks world's better than the HTC Evo 4g (not even comparable to the D Incredible). wowzer.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
the site has been updated and now it says captures 720p. So this is not going to have a 720p screen.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I knew it! ....

What kinda mistake is that. Whoever did that needs to be suspended. Mistakes like that shouldn't happen in such a huge company advertising their product.

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
nice! looks like as usual engadget updated their site and also as usual our site site did :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man I love Verizon's marketing on Droid's, Red and black is HOT! This device looks beautiful. Still going to wait for Q4 though.