Motorola Droid X available on VerizonWireless.com

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid_x_verizon1.jpg

Good Morning Droid Fans and welcome to the Motorola Droid X launch day! The Droid X is now available to order online for $199 after discounts and with the typical contract renewal or new agreement. This also includes free shipping so you'll have the X just in time for the weekend.

For more information visit: Enter your location

Learn more about the Droid X here: Droid X General Discussions - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

mac0822

Reaction score
I ordered mine from VZW.com this morning. They're claiming it'll be here tomorrow.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes but if you not eligible for an upgrade it seems to charge you full price despite what that new nba yesterday.

06LTNox

Reaction score
Just got confirmation that mine is shipping today, Standard Overnight for free.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

andrealwilson

Reaction score
I just got the Droid X. I am a complete novice on technology. I had a blackberry storm previous. Since getting my phone yesterday, the battery life is not great. Last night after 5 hours of use, it completely died. I charged it overnight, and it's not noon with the battery at 20%.

does anyone know how to help? how can i extend my battery life to it's full capacity. I installed the app "Advanced Task Killer."

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just got the Droid X. I am a complete novice on technology. I had a blackberry storm previous. Since getting my phone yesterday, the battery life is not great. Last night after 5 hours of use, it completely died. I charged it overnight, and it's not noon with the battery at 20%.

does anyone know how to help? how can i extend my battery life to it's full capacity. I installed the app "Advanced Task Killer."

Get rid of Task Killer....It will take a few days for it to get better.

solution

Reaction score
mhmm.. 200 bucks for a phone that autobricks when you try to mod it. That's like giving me a brand new camaro but once I add hang an air freshener up the CPU shorts out. Silly analogy, I know, haven't had my coffee yet. I really hope this phone does well without the ability to add custom roms, alot of customers have been looking forward to it.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score

Take advantage of the widgets that give you one touch control over settings. wi fi, bluetooth and a few others are the main causes of the battery life going down so turn them off when not in use.

Also, its not a solutions but I personally keep a usb cord at my work desk, home desk and a car charger so that always helps too but then again, Ive never had battery issues with my droid so hopefully it wont be too much of a difference.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
mhmm.. 200 bucks for a phone that autobricks when you try to mod it. That's like giving me a brand new camaro but once I add hang an air freshener up the CPU shorts out. Silly analogy, I know, haven't had my coffee yet. I really hope this phone does well without the ability to add custom roms, alot of customers have been looking forward to it.

After doing all sorts of mods and hacks on my droid, Im really finding out that doing all of the extra mods hasnt given me too much more functionality(and thats considering that I dont do some of the out of this world stuff with my phond) .

Due to reception issues in my bottom floor apt, verizon has let me try out different phones with no luck so Ive had 3 droids and a few other phones that i've been using with stock builds and I havent missed out on having the few extra features.

zone23

Reaction score
I ordered my Droid X today around 2:30 via Verizon's website...got an email from vzw by 2:50 at the latest saying...it is on the way, compliments of fedex! Also provided a tracking number and link...clicked on it....and it said it was in transit with a "guaranteed " delivery by 3:00pm tomorrow! Simply astonishing that within 20 minutes, it had already left their facility! Not to mention, i waited until 2:30 to order! Looks like the VZW spokeswoman was right, "...you will see it in the execution on the 15th". (In referemce to availability, considering the whole Incredible debaucle)